Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 distance recorded issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a charge 3. I went for a long training walk the other day. Set it up on my watch as normal. My aim was 17 miles. I also set up my Strava as I have been having issues with the watch. When I returned home and stopped the watch at 17 miles I noticed that the Strava had recorded 20 miles. When the walk from the fitbit had loaded to the fitbit app, there were 2 entries recorded. One for 17 miles, and another for autodetected walk of 20 miles. Which one is correct, and why are there 2 recorded. Very confused.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Forums @Hawks1.

Thanks for sharing those details on the matter. 

In this case I'd like to ask some further questions about what is going on:

• In the case you described, the tracking came from Strava and the Charge 3 tracking automatically?
  • The Strava activity, was it tracked with the Fitbit or the phone?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello
I set the fitbit up for a run. This showed 17 miles on the watch face.
I set up Strava separately as I had concerns. Strava said 20 miles.
Then I looked on the fitbit app and that logged 2 recordings. One of 17 for
the watch and also one of 20 as you can see.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hawks1  it sounds as if you have the Strava account linked to your Fitbit account. 

In this case your Fitbit run includedi the GPS data your run will be sent to Strava. And Strava will send it recorded run to Fitbit. Then yes there will be to runs recorded in each account.

So which of correct, can't say, was the Charge 3 using GPS?

If not then the Charge 3 was guestimating the distance based on the accuracy if the stride setting.

To really know which is correct, you would want to use a service like the Google pedometer  or take a car ride. 

Best Answer

Hello @Hawks1 and @Rich_Laue.

@Hawks1 Thanks for sharing those details on the matter.

In this case @Rich_Laue is definitely correct on what appears to be going on. Hope you do find  that reply useful as it was indeed a very complete response.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes