Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 still incompatible with Galaxy A20

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I understand that the last I saw was September of last year, but is it just because the A20 isn't popular, or is the team just unable to do much with current conditions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@BauldyrBasicaly,

Any chance you still have your old phone around?  Fitbit trackers use a more persistent connection (they call it 'bonding') in order to get notifications working between your phone and your Fitbit.  So if you still have your old phone, it'll interfere with it communicating with your new phone.

Try this:

1. Turn off your old phone altogether.
  2. On your A20, log out of the Fitbit App and log back in.
  3. The Fitbit App should establish the bluetooth pairing on your behalf with your phone.  You don't need to go through the bluetooth settings at all.  In fact, if you do try to do conventional pairing, you'll find that the Fitbit tracker will reject the pairing.
  4. Try to sync.

If you find that this is working, then keep your old phone off.  If you still use it on occasion, then simply uninstall the Fitbit App and delete the bluetooth pairing.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@BauldyrBasicaly,

Welcome to the community!

I assume that you are referring to the list of compatible devices listed by Fitbit.  Fitbit updates this list as they have the opportunity to verify devices...  and there are a lot of devices out there.

That said on that page, they also state that:

"Fitbit products are compatible with most devices that have the following operating systems: Apple iOS 12.2 and higher, Android OS 7.0 and higher, or Windows 10 v1607 or higher."

The Galaxy A20 runs Android 9.0, which should work just fine.  Is there a reason you believe it doesn't work?

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer

It doesn't seem to be able to pair, It doesn't even show up on Bluetooth, so is there something wrong there?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Basically I thought it was weird that it wouldn't sync, and found that the A20 wasn't on the list, but is running Android 9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The tracker is not suppose to be paired through the phones Bluetooth. If you where able to, the Fitbit app will not be able to see the tracker. 

Open the Fitbit app, the whole setup process  needs to be done through the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used the app, didn't know it wasn't supposed to show up on Bluetooth. It found the tracker twice, then it doesn't find it at all and it hasn't synced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BauldyrBasicaly,

Any chance you still have your old phone around?  Fitbit trackers use a more persistent connection (they call it 'bonding') in order to get notifications working between your phone and your Fitbit.  So if you still have your old phone, it'll interfere with it communicating with your new phone.

Try this:

1. Turn off your old phone altogether.
  2. On your A20, log out of the Fitbit App and log back in.
  3. The Fitbit App should establish the bluetooth pairing on your behalf with your phone.  You don't need to go through the bluetooth settings at all.  In fact, if you do try to do conventional pairing, you'll find that the Fitbit tracker will reject the pairing.
  4. Try to sync.

If you find that this is working, then keep your old phone off.  If you still use it on occasion, then simply uninstall the Fitbit App and delete the bluetooth pairing.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what I meant by it worked twice is on the A20, but wouldn't actually sync, basically it gave the numbers to sync but failed to sync. The phone it was previously connected to is my mom's, so she uninstalled the app today and had already deleted the pairing yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked, will she still be able to re-download the app and sync the Fitbit she had before the charge 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BauldyrBasicaly,

It's actually simpler than you probably think.

The process that you describe (adding the new tracker and the four digit code) is something you do when you pair your tracker to your account.  When you get a new phone, the tracker is already paired to your account, all you need to do is log in to the Fitbit app and it should work.

If you log into the Fitbit App and tap on your account, your Charge 3 should already be there.  There's no need to go through that process again.

I've upgraded at least 1/2 dozen phones with the same Fitbit account; trust me, you don't need to go through the 4 digit setup again.

Your mom should be able to log in to the app (under her account) and sync with her Fitbit just fine.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

She will need to install the Fitbit app and connect the tracker to her account. 

Best Answer
0 Votes