Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 sync issue after 3.37.1 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been using my Charge 3 successfully with my phone for over a year. Since the 28 Jan 2021 release of the app, the app will no longer sync with the phone  (sync just times out, appears to do nothing).

I have tried all the suggested troubleshooting steps, including rebooting the Charge 3, uninstalling and re-installing the app and even removing the Charge 3 from the app and re-adding.

When re-adding, the app finds the Charge 3, the PIN number appears, and the app accepts the PIN.

The display on the Charge 3 changes to the pulsing Fitbit logo, and the app changes to "Syncing"... but just times out eventually. The Charge 3 displays the failure with an X in a circle. The fact the the Charge 3 is found, and the PIN number is accepted proves that bluetooth is working, it's just that the app isn't syncing.

Details:
Charge 3

Model: FB410

Version:  28.20001.88.11

Phone

Motorola G5 plus (XT1685)
Android 8.10

I can see a lot of customers reporting the same problems in the Google Play app store.

Is there another release coming to fix this? I'd happily go back to prior version to make the sync work again.

Happy to provide any more detail required to get this fixed.

Regards,

Tony.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Update: Was able to get it working again using spaceguns method of using the Windows app to resync. After that, it seems to be talking to the phone again, for now.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-stopped-syncing-with-Pixel-or-Android-Try-this-ea...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Update: Was able to get it working again using spaceguns method of using the Windows app to resync. After that, it seems to be talking to the phone again, for now.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Fitbit-stopped-syncing-with-Pixel-or-Android-Try-this-ea...

Best Answer

Hello @t.b., welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and the steps you took to solve the syncing issue of your Fitbit Charge 3. Please do not hesitate to contact me back if you require assistance in the future or if you have any additional questions, I'll be here ready to help you. 

Thanks for being part of the Fitbit family.

Best Answer
0 Votes