Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 will not pair with Galaxy Note 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Exactly what the subject line says. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 that worked just fine with my Alta HR. I ordered a Charge 3 and it just got in today. Lo and behold, no matter what I try, including...

- Reinstalling the app

- Resetting the Charge 3 (holding the side button down until I get the smiley face)

- Unpairing my Alta HR

- Force stopping and clearing out my Bluetooth storage

- Disabling Wifi

- Restarting my phone who knows how many times

- Restarting Bluetooth who knows how many times 

- Retrying the device pair-up process who knows how many times

... the Charge 3 does not want to pair up with my phone. I get to the point where the device screen displays the 4 digit code for me to input into the app, the device acknowledges this by changing the display over to the Fitbit diamond logo... but then nothing happens. The app continues to say "Connecting" and the device, eventually, just shows a black screen. 

Now, according to this page here...

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315/?q=compatible+devices&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=...

... the Note 9 is a compatible device for Fitbit. Just to verify I tried re-pairing my Alta HR, which worked fine. So if anyone has any ideas to offer here - or if a Fitbit representative would like to chime in - I would greatly appreciate it. I have a limited window of time before I can no longer return the Charge 3 to Amazon, who I purchased it from. If the device isn't going to work with my phone, I want my refund sooner rather than later. 

Thanks.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Keegah Welcome! It's great to see you around! Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 isn't syncing with your phone and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. You can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on.

Please be aware that Android users are having issues syncing with Android 9 (Pie), you can check this thread to keep up to date with this.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Holy **ahem** is fitbits support useless. Can you at least try and not give a copy paste answer? Jesus Christ. I have the same problem as OP.
WE TRIED RESTARTING OUR DEVICES. Can't you read? Nothing works. Restarting, wiping, clearing, giving permissions. It just gets stuck on the god **ahem** diamond when pairing and just... times out. The charge3 just goes to clock/default mode and the phone app gets stuck on trying to pair. The note9 is not yet on android9.

I'm letting you know that it's going badly and I'm getting sick of fitbits dick in my mouth. This is an expensive device. This shouldn't be happening.

Best Answer

Absolutely love this response. I have been getting passed around for now 2 months with the same issue. They were going to investigate my warranty and at this point are "working on a solution". I just want my money back at this point and they are not providing any customer service except copy and paste apology and saying they are aware and to be patient. It's been 2 months for a watch that is now 10 minutes behind because of the restarts! I dont understand how such a big company is failing their customers so miserably that we have to continue posting pissed off messages. I am telling everyone to avoid Fitbit at this point, there is no solution in sight as per their email except to have patience.  Seriously ?

Best Answer

Seriously... Same problem happen with me between charge 3 and my note9, really frustating... Please give us serious answer not only sorry

Best Answer