Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't pair with my Android phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't get my Charge 3 to pair with my Bluetooth. It is saying that the Charge 3 password or passkey is invalid. I don't even know what that is. I've tried rebooting the tracker numerous times. I've rebooted my phone and my Bluetooth many times. The Bluetooth recognizes the Charge 3 but won't pair. I can't synch. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my Fitbit app countless times and it won't even give me a synch option nor does it show any device settings for me to work with. I've also tried setting up a new device through the app and that won't work either.

I'm running out of options and patience. Should I just clear all data and start over again? Will that even work? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject
Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Tsoltar  the device pairs to the email address you use for your account and not directly with your bluetooth. Click to read how to set up. Be sure your phone is compatible, too.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Thanks. Already paired to my email.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem however, when I try to pair I get a message that says an app is needed to use this device. I have the app. I have tried everything i have found on the internet and on fitbit but to no avail.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CM23-4 

Are you using the app to setup the device?   The app does the pairing, you can't pair using the phone Bluetooth settings.

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I tried that unsuccessfully too. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  I'm starting to think it's the app causing the error

Best Answer
0 Votes
They let me send the tracker back for a warranty replacement because
nothing worked. Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Tsoltar  When it arrives, set it up as a replacement device on an existing account.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.   This is my 4th forgot in 2 years.   I am done, fitbit products sux!  I am done!

Best Answer

Hello.. I'm having the same issue trying to pair my Versa 2 to my OnePlus 8T. How do I pair from the app? I did all the steps to set up new device from app. The app is actually syncing okay but I need it to pair with my phone to access GPS.

Best Answer
0 Votes