Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 won't sync to Galaxy Note 8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set my charge 3 up, easily !

But from then on, every time I take a look at the app on my Samsung Note 8, I get the message " Bluetooth connection problem ".

I have to mess around for several minutes, every time I want to see the app, also it doesn't keep connection I go for a run.

It also logged a days exercise when I hasrdly moved all day but then on another day, when I was very active it didn't log a days exercise.

All in all, its pretty hopeless, can I have my money back ??   

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Welcome to the Forums @TheWonderer.

Thanks for trying to make it so that it syncs and for letting us know of the activity that hasn't been tracked or tracked inaccurately.

As for the syncing, it might be happening because the Galaxy Note 8 is not part of the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully optimized to work with that phone.

As long as it fulfills the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that it can work but we cannot guarantee it. Some users of unsupported devices have mentioned that following these steps helps with the syncing.

If none of the above works, you could try to use a computer or another mobile device to try and sync your Fitbit to your account. Click here to get instructions on how to sync with other devices.

On the exercise it logged, keep in mind that there are several factors that could've impacted the performance. You can get a better idea on how the tracking works by reading this help article.

In regards to the refund you mentioned, feel free to check our Returns & Warranty policy

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

Thanks for the reply but i'm still having issues even on the PC.

The PC only syncs when the mobile phone syncs, which takes a while of, switching on and off the Bluetooth, resetting the watch and repeated attempts at syncing.

Cheers Steve

Best Answer

what I also noticed, once I have managed to sync the watch, the sleep graph has recorded me as being in my sleep schedule,when I have gotten out of bed, come downstairs and messed around on the PC attempting to sync .

???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @TheWonderer.

Thanks for letting us know and sharing those details.

I'd like to ask you some questions:

• Do you have notifications set up with your phone?
  • What happens when you try to sync with your computer? Do you get some sort of error message?

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see Fitbit answering with something. I'd rather the money I spent work on my DEVICE. 

Best Answer

So what happened? it worked with my note 8 and after the update now nothing. I don't want to support something that changes midstream. This fitbit cost and I researched to see that it was compatible before purchasing. This is frustrating I synced it with my wellness plan just to lose the points I was earning. Really!

Best Answer

Hi

I don't get an error message when I try and sync with the PC.

This morning, when I woke up, I tried to sync with the phone, to no avail.

I came downstairs and tried to sync with the PC, it synced ok other than would not display my nights sleep.

Later on in the day I managed to sync with the phone and my nights sleep appeared.

Since the update, the watch has been syncing better with the phone but far for what you would expect.

Yes I have notifications set up on my phone

thanks for the reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

You know...you guys just go round and round and round with us the customer.  I've had my Samsung Galaxy 8 note long before I got my Charge 3.  It synced up without any problems and worked like a charm.  Then somewhere around December there must have been an update and from then on it was a nitemare!  Please don't give me all the talk about turning on and off my phone, my bluetooth  or re-intalling the app.  I've done it all!  It's the device and in my opinion Fitbit is ducking it's tail on this one!  I've convinced so many people to purchase the Fitbit because in the past when I had the 2 HR and then the 3 I felt it was the BEST device to have.  Now...not so sure.  I'm so frustrated I just want to throw it in the trash!  Its a lot cheaper to go with an Apple watch then to buy a new phone!

Best Answer

Everybody is noticing how quiet FitBit is being? I've noticed LOTS of complaints from those of us who have Note 8's on these boards.

Best Answer

And wouldn't you think Fitbit would be acting quickly to resolve this issue?  But no...instead they just silently sit by and say....gee, sorry your having this problem.  Can you privately

PM us so we can help you?  I think they want us to "privately" PM them so no one else knows all the problems they aren't fixing.  Charge 3 was supposed to be a step up and forward and I think instead it's been 3 steps back and down!

Best Answer

Would love an update on this. The Charge 3 synced perfectly with my fiancè’s Note 8 for a month and a half. Since 1/3/19, nothing is working. How could it be compatible for a month and a half and then all of a sudden not? That doesn’t make sense. The amount of money paid for this device is not just chump change for me, so it’s incredibly frustrating that it’s not working. Solutions?

Best Answer
I hear you! My opinion is...they did an upgrade to the Charge3 that
affected how it sync's with certain phones. How is it that you can upgrade
but take 3 steps back? I was asked by fitbit to send them a private
message from facebook when I wrote a negative review on their FB page. I
did it but never heard back from them. Typical!
Best Answer

After 2 days of over 2 hours each day, working with Fitbit customer service only to be told it does not pair with Galaxy Note 8.  Sorry. I reviewed compatibility prior to purchasing and it was listed as a compatible devise.  I asked for refund / replacement and was told only if I purchased it directly from the Fitbit store would they consider a refund or replacement.  How disappointing!!!!  What customer service????

Best Answer

I got pretty much the same answer. I was told that I should just have my fiancé’s Fitbit sync with my phone instead since I have an iPhone. How is that even a helpful solution? I was able to return to Costco, where I purchased (they’re amazing with returns) and got a refund. Very disappointed in Fitbit’s handling of this topic.

Best Answer
Mine works with the Note 8 since the update but not perfectly. It doesn't
even sync with my PC very well.

I can go a few days of it working great with the Note 8, then a few days
where it doesn't sync.

Today my fitbit showed I did 18,727 steps, when I probably did about 6000.

I think I may throw it in the bin
Best Answer

I'm in the same boat. My ridiculously expensive Versa worked for a couple of months with my Note 8 and then just stopped.  I have contacted Fitbit support NUMEROUS times to no avail. I am a disabled Submarine Veteran and am hearing impaired.  I rely on my wrist device to alert me to incoming calls and notifications.  I can't believe Fitbit would solve the S9 syncing issues, yet skip over the Note 8. Does anyone have a solution?

Best Answer

Right up until today my Charge 3 (which I purchased on 2/8) was syncing with my Note 8.

Now...NOTHING.

I saw above where Fitbit's Knottsberry Farm solution was to just try to sync with a computer.  Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the "portability" and a lot of the so-called features advertised for the device which, by the way, DOES NOT TELL YOU that it doesn't work with a Note 8.

C'mon FITBIT, answer our questions!

Best Answer
Good luck getting a favorable response. I have resorted to using my Samsung
watch which does not accurately track steps, nor does it allow me to be
part of my Fitbit group. I'm very disappointed since I've had a Fitbit
since 2013
Best Answer
You are not missing anything the charge 3, is very disappointing. It doesn't record steps accurately either. I did 8000 whilst driving an automatic car yesterday. Also when in the gym the heart beat on the charge 3, is not at all accurate, it differs from the gym equipment and also does not tally with the heartbeat shown on the app. On the plus side, it does sync with my note 8, now. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer