Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR draining battery

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My brand new charge hr won't hold a charge.  I charged it yesterday pm and it went dead this morning. Charged it again, turned off all notifications and quick view, and 5 hours later it's  at medium charge. Is it defective or am I missing something?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @CapriGem, let me give you a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! I was reading you have tried some recommendations to improve the battery life. Certainly your battery is draining faster than normal, so I would like to share the following post for you to review if there is something additional to try: Poor Battery Life.

Here you can find all the necessary information to improve the battery. Also, in addition to the tips to improve the battery life I would like to recommend to make sure your tracker is receiving a proper charge.

Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. So clean the charging contacts on the back of your tracker to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color.  You can use a toothpick or a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol. Make sure not to scrape the contacts with a wire brush or anything metal, since this can damage the plating and cause corrosion. If you use a toothbrush, dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.

Other caused is the USB port or outlet is faulty. So If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub. You can review if the tracker isn't connected securely to the charging cable too.

See you later and keep me posted  how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes