Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR won't sync to Samsung Galaxy On5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I use my Charge HR a lot but recently made a phone change to a Samsung Galaxy On5. Since then, I can't sync them and just found out it's not included in the list of available devices. Can this be worked on so this phone is included in the list?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @rcruz27, welcome to our Fitbit Community. Indeed this phone model is not listed on our Compatible List of Mobile Devices. Despite nowadays many of the mobile devices, specially with Android platform are built under the same core specifications, not all are able to be accessed by apps like the Fitbit App.

Although it wont hurt to try the following steps: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

If your device isn't listed, you can check the link above at a later date to see if device support has been added, since our teams are constantly testing mobile devices.

Give it a try, I'll be around if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung Galaxy on5 as well. To receive notifications you not only need to turn it on through the app but also on the tracker itself by press and holding the button for a few secs on the home screen. I had no problems syncing so I hope you're able to straighten that out.

Best Answer

I have a Galaxy on5 and I can't find my phone in the listed devices and it will not search. 

Best Answer

Would the fit bit blaze  be compatible  to the On5 I have a Charge 2 and my phone is not listed for it

Best Answer
Yes! I had no problems using the Fitbit Blaze when I give it a try November 2016 with the Samsung Galaxy on5. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
Correct. Our phone is not on the list. Despite that it will still work. I currently have the Charge 2 and although the phone is not on the list I'm able to use the app on the phone as well all of the features. I also had no problems syncing. The syncing of the Fitbit Blaze was challenging, but I believe that was because I was impatient and was trying to sync right out of the box without a full charge. Once I synced the Fitbit Blaze I was able to use all the features. In fact, due to the fact that I had no problems I didn't even know the on5 was not on the list at the time because I didn't have a need to reach to Fitbit for assistance as everything was working properly. It wasn't until I got the Charge 2 this year that I realized the on5 was not on the list but again despite that I'm using it with the on5 without any problems.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @AriesGirl and good to see you again @CLo518.

Indeed, is like @CLo518 said before; if a device is not listed as compatible it does not mean it won't work, nowadays almost all high end Android device share the same core specifications. the only difference is that we cannot guarantee it will work flawlessly or all the feature will be supported by the mobile device in question if the phone is not listed as compatible.

So @AriesGirl, if you are having issues at the moment to sync, it won't hurt to give it a try to these suggestions: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

See you until the next time!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im getting a Blaze as well and I'm still not sure if it is compatible with Samung On5. 

Best Answer
0 Votes