Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR won't sync with phone (Pixel 2), only wireless dongle on PC

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently upgraded from the Google Pixel to a Pixel 2 on the 28th of October and it looks like my Charge HR has been unable to sync with the new phone. I didn't notice initially but then saw my step count in a weekly challenge hadn't moved up. I tried several times to force sync, restarted the phone, re-installed the app, and eventually removed the Charge HR from the app completely.

When I tried to re-add the Charge HR, I managed to do the "press for 3 seconds" step and get my Fitbit to display a 4-digit number to pair, but then the app just said "Connecting...." for several minutes and never connected. I eventually gave up, and ended up re-setting up my Fitbit on a computer using the wireless dongle.

I have been only able to sync and update my step count through the computer and wireless dongle, so it appears maybe the Charge HR just cannot sync with the new Google Pixel 2? Has anyone else been having this issue?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Mine is doing the same thing. I will try to sync it to the computer and see if that works too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me too! Well, charge 2. It's driving me crazy! I've tried removing the device and pairing again and uninstalling the app and reinstalling but it's not working. Someone help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a hybrid type problem. I have the Pixel 2 XL and WAS able to to sync the last 3 days without doing anything. Last successful sync was yesterday evening. Today it failed to sync multiple times so I'm trying to re-pair it. The phone finds my device, Charge HR, and the pairing code displays on the Charge HR, I input that into the phone and it just keeps saying 'connecting' eventually it fails and I can try again, but results are the same.

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same exact issue. My Charge 2 was syncing for several days and it stopped syncing when I updated my silent alarm. It hasn't been able to sync since then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strangely, mine is now syncing. I'm not sure if there was an app update recently but it seems to have fixed itself now... Good luck to everyone else also having issues. Hopefully it gets resolved for you guys soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me:

When the sync stops working open phone settings / apps / all apps. In the 3 dot menu select show system. Find Bluetooth app and tap on force stop. Open the Bluetooth from the drawer and tap on your Fitbit device. Nothing will happen but after you open the Fitbit app and tap sync now it works most of the time. For a while. Then you need to repeat the above steps

Best Answer

Thanks this worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes