Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatabile phones

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I have a fitbit flex and using a Motorola E.  About to change my phone and narrowed it down to either a Motorola g4 or huawei-p9-lite.  Will the new phones sync to the fitbit app?  Or do I need to look at alternative phones?  Thanks for any help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

The list of supported phones can be found at www.fitbit.com/devices

If a phone is on that list it should work fine. If it's not then it may or may not work. I've seen lots of posts that suggest that the P9 lite will not work. I believe the G4 will (I use the G4 Play and that seems to work ok)

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply.  Don't then if I  will just get the Motorola or get the p9 and use my old phone for tracking.  Would you recommend the moto G play as a good phone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm happy with the G4 Play but I am by no means a power user. I went for the Play version as it's smaller than the G4 and G4 Plus. Is the G5 available where you are? I have seen one report that it works ok with fitbit.

Your safest bet though would be to get one that's on the list as I (and others) may not have tested all the features.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice I will look into it some more.  Just a shame fitbit isn't Compatabile with all android devices 😥

Best Answer

@Markrowan6260 wrote:

Just a shame fitbit isn't Compatabile with all android devices 😥

You can’t really blame Fitbit for that. It has more to do with the way Android phone manufacturers build the hardware and add their proprietary layers on top of the base OS made by Google.

As @SteveH mentioned, the new Moto G5 would be a good choice with Fitbit compatibility in mind. It runs true Android (no proprietary layer added) and has a nice feature set (in that price range, eg. fingerprint reader). I was the one who reported success with it.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will have a look at the g5

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2 and it worked for 4 months..I have samsung galaxy S5 it's not pairing with my blue tooth...I was told it isn't compatible with my phone. So I looked on the website you posted and it shows charge 2 isn't compatible with Windows ios or any androids...maybe I'm looking at the wrong information? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Tracyf40 are you perhaps searching for "Charge 2" on that site? If so, then you need to search for a phone name instead.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I've put in my phone and charge 2 doesn't show up all other fitbits
do...so I went through and listed a bunch of other phones to see what was
compatible and charge 2 never showed up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I see what you mean,. When you use the pull down menu to look at features for a specific fitbit then the Charge 2 isn't there. This seems to be an error (which I will report) but doesn't mean that the Charge 2 is not supported. If the search finds your phone then it is supported at least to some degree. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh ok thank you very much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I get the huawei p9 lite can I use runkeeper to track activity and will that info be able to be transferred to fitbit via a pic or tablet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The interface between runkeeper and fitbit is at the account level so it will work whatever phone you have. However, if you get the p9 Lite then you won't be able to get any data from your fitbit into your dashboard via the phone meaning the only data will be that from runkeeper - making your fitbit pointless.

If you can sync via a different mobile device or a computer then you could use the p9 lite to view the data from your fitbit and runkeeper, you just won't be able to update it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

.So use my old phone to track and view on p9 via web browser? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Use your old phone to sync data from the fitbit to the dashboard and use your old phone and/or the P9 Lite to view the dashboard by either the fitbit app or the web interface.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great thanks that is a major help.  Think I will go for the p9 phone then as it's my preference over the moto g4

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will data from my fitness pal migrate to the p9 app from a mfp app also on the p9? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, that will work. All the syncing between MyFitnessPal and fitbit takes place on the servers and not on the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant thanks so much for your help.  ☺️

Best Answer
0 Votes