Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility with Pixel XL2 phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First let me start with this. After speaking to a rep I was told to come to the forum rather than getting a ticket opened up and logged with someone officially to get this issue looked into. I think we should be able to get issues like this officially logged rather than having to come here to make a forum post in the hopes that someone the Product Development teams see this.

I recently got the new Google Pixel XL2 phone and I am not getting notifications on my fitbit anymore. I have unsynced the device from my account, deleted the app from my phone and unpaired it. Re-downloaded the app, re-added the device and paired it back up to my phone. It gets all the info for alarms steps heart beat etc however the communication of texts phone calls still do not go to my Charge 2.

Spoke with a rep in the live support and they said that the Pixel XL2 (by extension I'm assuming the same for the Pixel 2 standard) is not on a list of compatible devices and recommended I use a device that on their compatibility list...When asked if there would be an update to resolve this the rep said that there was no plans for an update and to voice my concerns here on the forum. I also asked to open up a support ticket to have this issue logged in an official capacity and again the rep said to come here.

So I am voicing my concern and need for help. If someone from the Product Team is reading this please help get this taken care of.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

You're not alone. And I do not believe that it is an issue specifically related to the Pixel. I've been using a Blaze with a Google Pixel XL (first edition) and before Android 8 was release notifications worked flawlessly. Whenever Android 8.0 (oreo) was released notifications became completely unreliable. I'm pretty confident it's a Fitbit development issue and not related to your Pixel XL2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having problems syncing with my Pixel 2 (standard). I got the new phone last week, but Fitbit only stopped working yesterday afternoon. I have a Flex, and went through everything the Fitbit help site suggests, but nothing has worked. I get it's a new phone, but the app worked fine for 5 days... hoping for a quick fix.

Best Answer

Hey @JoshFive ! They've said the same thing ("we're working on it") for more than a year for LG, Moto, Huawei and Asus phones. Yet none has been made compatible.

Fitbit doesn't support Android anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar here. Hit or miss if it will sync and no notifications at all. I can't believe they're not interested in keeping up with technology. Maybe I need to look into a different company for a fitness band that actually cares whether their customers are satisfied and able to use their devices.

Best Answer

Update: I reset my network settings and connections on the Pixel 2. Nothing happened with the Fitbit connection, until I was in my car and re-syncing my car Bluetooth. Somehow, that triggered the Fitbit and it works fine now! 

Best Answer

This is ridiculous. The Pixel 2 and 2 XL are flagship phones. No excuses that this is happening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes