Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected GPS not working - Phone not found error.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm very disappointed with my Fitbit Blaze, because it does not connect to my phone while exercising.

I bought it 3 months ago, and I've always had connection problems. At the beginning, it never connected, and I had to reset it, losing all information, and then I could synchronize it. Now, synchronization works, but it takes several minutes, but it's ok.

But when I exercise, I'd like to connect to phone, and it does not work. I've tried several times, and in this 3 months I could connect only once, the rest of the times it shows: "Phone not found", "Check Fitbit app"...

The app is updated, the firmware is updated, and my phone (Samsung S7) bluetooth works perfectly with other devices.

What else should I do?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Renatoab, nice to see you have join to the Fitbit Community! I can understand your frustration regarding the issue that your phone GPS is not connecting with your Blaze to track your exercise.

The error you are seeing means Bluetooth is either turned off (preventing your Blaze from connecting to your phone) which you already confirmed  is working. So the other reason of the error might be related to your phone can't find a GPS signal. 

Usually this happen with a weak GPS signal on your mobile device, which is often caused by environmental factors such as tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, or even thick cloud cover. All of these can interrupt the connection between your tracker and GPS satellites.

So make sure your phone can identify your location and can track your location when you're not using Wi-Fi and the Fitbit app is open on your phone or running in the background. Do not force quit the Fitbit app.

If you're still having difficulty, try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app to reestablish a connection with your tracker.
  2. Reboot your mobile device and try again.

See you around and hope this get you back on track.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is complete garbage. Sorry to say to the OP but you're just going to have to get used to your connected GPS not working most of the time.

I've owned my Blaze for almost a year and it has spend most of that time functioning intermittently at best. This has been across 3 different Android devices too on various releases of Android.

The sad news is that the Blaze was basically a test bed for the Ionic and Versa smart watches. So Fitbit aren't interested in properly supporting it any more. I went into insane levels of troubleshooting to try to resolve this and the only way I can get my connected GPS to work is to unpair and re-pair the Blaze before each time I want to use it. It then works for a single use before reverting to not being able to hold a phone connection.

Fitbit support have been worse than useless and a quick browse of the forums will show you're not the only one having this issue. I've recently purchased a Garmin smartwatch recommended by several friends and I can't wait for it to arrive so I can have a product that I can actually use as advertised.

Best Answer