Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to cell is not happening in Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a brought Versa and a Samsung S9+ with the latest software last week. 

Whenever I want to start an exercise activity, I open the biking exercise screen on the Versa. It says connecting for however long, then it connects. Till here it is not an issue (but takes a long time as expected)

BUT as soon as I lock the screen on my phone, it disconnects from the Versa and stops recording my exercise. If I open the Versa, it shows connecting with no end.  If I open up my cell phone, the Versa will connect to it. And the process repeats itself over and over. I can't figure out why it's doing this.

I did little troubleshooting with the previous community user and found my android device is working fine and data is getting integrated from Versa to Samsung S9+. After this, I installed & connect the app on my Hweai P20+ but I'm facing the same issue on another phone also.

Please share the insight or some solution

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @Matteys

Thanks for bringing this up. It seems to be related to the fact that both of those devices are not currently in our supported devices list. This can lead to issues like the one that you have mentioned. You can read more about it on this post.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit I cannot accept the fact the latest phones with the best technologies are itself not added to the accepted devices.

Please share the list of accepted devices, I would see if I need to downgrade my self. Init's pathetic.

Best Answer

Hello @Matteys.

You can check the compatibility for devices in here.

As mentioned in the post I liked to, you can go through these troubleshooting steps even if your phone is not on the list. Some users have said that it helps them get your Fitbit to sync with those phones. Having said that, we cannot guarantee that it will work.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes