Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection difficulties with Versa and OnePlus 5

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa.  Every morning, I open the Fitbit app on my android phone (Oneplus 5) and when I try to sync it almost always says "Device not found".  Usually, turning bluetooth on and of or going into and back out of airplane mode fixes it but what it means is it stops being connected meaning if I get a call, it won't alert me.  It sometimes happens randomly during the day as well.  Kinda defeats the purpose of getting notifications on my Versa.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @jhoff909, It's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back!

Thanks for your post and troubleshooting this situation prior to posting. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed. Also, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

About notifications, please check: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? and then try the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone and let me know how it goes.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I'll look thru all of that. 

First thing I see on the device compatibility page here:  https://www.fitbit.com/devices the only OnePlus device you list is the OnePlus 6.  I have the 5.  How about testing the rest of the OnePlus phones?

I see battery optimization was turned on, I turned that off.  I swear I've done that already in the past.

Turning off battery optimization didn't help.

Jerry

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @jhoff909, sorry for the delayed reply.

Let me share with you that we are constantly working and testing different mobile devices to make sure that they work as intended with our products and services. As it turns out, at this moment I'm unable to let you know when or if the OnePlus 5 will be added to our list of compatible devices, however, my best advise for you will be to constantly check our list of compatible devices for any update.

To move forward with this situation, can you please let me know if the steps from my previous post resolved your concern? 

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, your suggestions didn't help.  I suspect the problem is with my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your reply is appreciated @jhoff909.

I'm sorry to know that you're still experiencing difficulties. Due to the compatibility concern of your mobile device, I recommend you to try with a compatible device instead and let me know if the issue persists. My apologies for the delayed replies.

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes