Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Sync Notification

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Your latest update has now given me a constant notification that says, Fitbit Sync Service - Last Sync and the time. All of the instructions when you Google how to fix it have outdated information. Please help!

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Hi @TeeinKS, it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, welcome back! Sorry for the delay in responding your post.

I appreciate the details that were shared in your post. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device you're currently using to sync your Fitbit? Also, when was the first time you experienced this and how many times since then? If you haven't already done so, please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your credentials.
  7. Make sure that you're using a compatible device.
  8. Let me know if the issue persist.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply. As of now, I have already done everything on your list except reinstall it. I will do that now. This started about 3 days ago. I have a Galaxy S8 with the latest and updated version of your app with Android version 9. I will post back after I see what happens when I reinstall. Thanks again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reinstalled it and got the same notification within 30 seconds. Ugh. 

Best Answer

Here is a screenshot of it. As you can see, "clear" is grayed out so the only way to clear it is to click on it and let it take me to your app.Screenshot_20190825-194814_One UI Home.jpg

Best Answer

This problem persists. If you have any way to help me, I would appreciate hearing what it might be. I deleted my device and re-added it after I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. It continues. Please help.

Best Answer

I have this problem as well.  Not sure exactly when it started but it's recent.  Possibly when the app updated to the new dashboard?

I also found that it wasn't syncing properly so I tried reinstalling the app.  This allowed me to sync again but this sync notification repeats.

Google Pixel XL (gen1) with Charge2.

Best Answer

I have the same issue! Ever since the 3.3.1 app version. It is really draining my battery because of the persistent sync notification. I have a Pixel 3 running Android 9.

Best Answer

Yes, I forgot to add that bit. My battery has been draining significantly faster. I used to be able to go all day and charge my phone only in the evening but now I find myself charging shortly after lunch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I"ve been getting the same notification on the S9 with android 9.   And then I ultimately have sync issues after that.  I've reinstalled the app twice.  I just reverted back to an older version of the app.  I can't deal with not syncing and not getting notifications. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with LG 5 with the Charge.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting the same notification about synching. Samsung S10 Android 9 and it's only in the past few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

LG4 not 5

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, Fibit? I am hoping no news is good news and that someone there is working on this bug?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still not fixed for me. Reinstalled again today and still the same problem. Please respond and update me and let me know if anyone is working to fix this.

Other commenters...is it fixed for you? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not fixed. I had an update to the app today but it is still showing the constant sync notification and not syncing consistently. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just bumping this up to the top because I reinstalled it today and it's still happening. My Fitbit is a year-and-a-half old and my screen is cracked. Although the device works fine, it's probably time for a new one. Probably not a Fitbit at this rate!

Best Answer

Yeah, FITBIT is not working towards good customer service, the whole LG4 removal from compatible and the sync makes it obvious they don't care to make their customers happy.

Best Answer

I've been running version 3.6 for a few hours now and no sync notifications yet. When I manually sync, it seems to respond correctly. I double checked that all my settings for notifications and all day sync were selected again. Now I'll wait and see.

So far so good.

Pixel XL gen1

Best Answer

Just updated to 3.6 and "Device Not Found".  Surprise surprise.  

Best Answer