Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling spotify on S7 with blaze.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

My blaze is working perfectly fine with my phone (Samsung galaxy S7) apart from one thing.

Despite being fully connected with Bluetooth and syncing fully with no other issues, I cannot get the music control to work (playing through spotify). It just keeps coming up as not connected when I drop down the music control display.

I've tried it in and out of exercise mode, I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting the phone. I know the music has to be playing first before the blaze can assume control but I've played a few songs in a row with no activity happening on the watch.

It's not a major issue because I only use it for running which I only do once or twice a week but I'd like to get the issue resolved if possible.

I've read that the S7 had issues with fully pairing and syncing with the blaze previously but I'm just wonerding if this is still an ongoing problem when it comes to the music control?

I unfortunately have no music stored on my phone to test if the music control works when playing directly from the phone but I thought Spotify would work and most others seem to have no issue.

Any advise welcome.

Many thanks.

Matt.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Bigmtt, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I saw you are experiencing issues to control your music on Spotify through your Fitbit Blaze.

Have you been able to control the music before you saw the error "Not connected" on your screen?

Test whether you're able to control music after trying each of these tips:

• On your phone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and select Blaze (on iPhone) or Blaze (Classic) (on Android and Windows phones). If you don't see Blaze in the list of devices paired to your phone, set up music control again. For instructions, see How do I control music with my Fitbit device?
  • Make sure Blaze is within approximately 20 feet of your phone.
  • Under Settings on Blaze, confirm that Bluetooth Classic is set to "Pair."
  • Try switching Bluetooth Classic from "Pair" to something else and then back to "Pair."
  • Restart your phone.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same issue on my S7 until just now. Set the fitbit Bluetooth Classis setring to "pair". Search for Bluetooth devices on your S7 & it should find "Blaze (Classic)" as well as the already paired "Blaze" device. Select the new device & confirm the passkey it shows on the fitbit & you should be done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Typos due to typing in a rush, my bad.

Best Answer
0 Votes