Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay before Activity Starts to Record

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use the FitBit app on my Samsung J3 2016 and find it great for tracking my walks/jogs/runs.  My question is - Is there a delay before the app starts to record the activity?  If there is - how long is it?  If there isn't one it would be nice to have it as I have lost some activity tracking by accidentally turning the tracking off while fumbling my phone back into secure storage for the duration of the activity.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @BigJ, good to have you one more time in the Fitbit Community! No there is not an option for a delay before you start your exercise. It may present delays for GPS fix location, but is something that is not intended as this is result for low GPS signal from your phone in case it happens.

If this is something in which you're interested, please visit our Feature Suggestion Board and contribute with your comments. There is an idea quite new that need more popularity that it might be similar to your request: If you are interest take a look here: Tracking exercise – please delay. If you found interesting this option, you can give your vote. This is a great way to let our developers know what you'd like to see in the future!

See you until the next one and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Thanks Roberto

Have added my support to the call for this feature!

Cheers

BigJ
Best Answer

Awesome @BigJ. I'm glad to hear you add your support to this idea. Robot wink

appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience, and encourage you to let us know if you have any additional feedback on this and other features.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Roberto,

I have noticed delay before an exercise.  Should I wait for GPS to get a good signal to avoid this delay?

Thanks,

Nick

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @neharris84, good to see you again in the Fitbit Community! If you are referring to a delay in your data reflected after the exercise, then yes, it is better if you wait until the GPS has fix your location.

While it continues to look for the GPS signal your tracker will use your step count to calculate distance traveled. In this scenario you can expect that your total distance calculated for the workout will be slightly less accurate than if GPS data was available for the duration.

Hope this details helps. See you around!

Best Answer
0 Votes