Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a custom food

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

How can I delete a custom food from the Android Fitbit app?  It lets me go through the motions.  Find the item.  Edit the item.  Delete the item.  Only for it to reappear!?!  I have deleted all my custom foods online using a PC and the fitbit website but why won't they go from the app?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Certainly this is not an expected behavior @Treacle75. Lets try to do the following if the previous steps are not working to remove your Custom Food. 

Review if your Fitbit app is updated to the most recent version (4.41) as an extra steps, although I;m sure you already reviewed this. So Log out from your Fitbit app and restart your phone. Wait until your phone has loaded all your information and go to your App manager on your phone settings. Search and tap the Fitbit app. Scroll down and clear the cache of the app and o back to your Fitbit app. Log back in and give it another try.

Let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Hello @Treacle75, good to see you have joined to our Fitbit Community. To delete your custom food from the app is easy. Just follow this steps on your Fitbit app:

Go to your Food tile > Tap on the + sign to add food entries > Here select the tab of Custom Food > You will see the list of custom food you have recorded, so now select the item you want to delete > In the following screen you will see the option "Edit Custom Food", tap here to open the edit menu > In the right upper corner you will see three vertical dots > press here and the option to delete will appear.

Screenshot_2017-02-03-05-33-41.png

Note that only individual custom food can be deleted, for custom meals the option to edit wont be available.

Hope this helps. See you around!

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hello, The steps you have typed are the exact same that I mentioned in my original post.  They do not work!  The item disappears, I refresh the screen and then it reappears!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am unable to  delete the food listed in the custom tab. When I good,into the food list, it's blank but its showing in the dashboard 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @sheiladozier4, welcome to our Fitbit Community. 

Go to your Food tile > Tap on the + sign to add food entries > Here select the tab of Custom Food > You will see the list of custom food you have recorded, so now select the item you want to delete > In the following screen you will see the option "Edit Custom Food", tap here to open the edit menu > In the right upper corner you will see three vertical dots > press here and the option to delete will appear.

Screenshot_2017-02-03-05-33-41.png

Hope this steps help you to remove the Custom Food you see on your Dashboard. As an additional note this is only works for Custom Food and not for Meals.

Catch ya later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Certainly this is not an expected behavior @Treacle75. Lets try to do the following if the previous steps are not working to remove your Custom Food. 

Review if your Fitbit app is updated to the most recent version (4.41) as an extra steps, although I;m sure you already reviewed this. So Log out from your Fitbit app and restart your phone. Wait until your phone has loaded all your information and go to your App manager on your phone settings. Search and tap the Fitbit app. Scroll down and clear the cache of the app and o back to your Fitbit app. Log back in and give it another try.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello.
Thank you! This has now fixed the problem 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Treacle75, thank you for keep me posted. I'm glad to hear you were able to solved this issue by clearing the cache of the app.

What about you @sheiladozier4, are you still experiencing issues with deleting your custom food?

Don't forget to visit our Discussion boards. For anything else you can find me around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do I check for the update?  I logged out, restarted my phone, tapped the app, but couldn't figure out how to scroll down to clear the cache.  It just kept asking to join or login.  The screen wouldn't scroll.  What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Android app here. The fact that I cannot edit Custom items with more than one food in them is extremely unfriendly. For example, I made a "Typical Lunch Salad" that has like 12 items in it. I want to change an item in it. But I cannot edit it in any way and I cannot even delete and re-add it with correct info. Yes, I see the Edit options on single custom items, but for multi-food entries I see only "NULL" under the name. No way to Delete or Edit. Weak. Please add this as a bug and fix it in an upcoming release. Otherwise this "Feature" is really just a burden.

Best Answer

Easy and helpful. Thank you VERY much! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem. I just logged out of the app and then logged straight back in - that was enough to fix it for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did suggested steps, did not work.  Also tried deleting from Fitbit.com/Logging/Edit Menus/, deleted from browser but still in FitBit app on Android.

Best Answer

I am trying to delete Some of my custom food. I can’t get into it unless I tap the + from log food then it only lets me log it. I never get to where I can edit or delete it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Parkertj.

Assuming you are running Android app and want to delete individual item, not a whole meal, tap on your food, then click on "Edit Custom Food", then tap three vertical dots (top right corner of the screen).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Folks you have to login to the desktop version for these instructions to work.

Best Answer
0 Votes