Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in display between auto detect and triggered exercises

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All,

I have a bit of a glitch that I'd like to sort out.

Sometimes when I go for a walk I trigger the exercise on my Charge 2. Sometimes when I go for a walk I forget to trigger it but it auto detects the exercise.

In the Android App dashboard, if I click on the x of y Days weekly exercise icon I get a list of recent exercises.

The issue is when I trigger my exercise I see different data on the quick view than when it auto recognizes.

Screenshot_20170928-182135.png

I prefer the view that shows minutes and calories.

Is there any way to make this the default regardless of whether the exercise is auto-detected or manually started?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SunsetRunner, nice to see you around one more time in the Fitbit Community!

Note this is not a glitch but is the way intended to work the Fitbit app. When you trigger the exercise with your tracker, you are using connected GPS with your phone, which by consequence the information that will show your exercise history will change; since the distance is the primary stat for GPS functionality. With Smart Track the distance information is not recorded, at least not in the way it happen with Connected GPS.

Your distance will be recorded in the standard way by multiplying your walking steps and walking stride length. Similarly, your running steps are multiplied by your running stride length.

At the moment there is no option to change the way this work, it will depend of the feature you are using with your app and your tracker.

Hope this information helps and let me know if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @SunsetRunner, nice to see you around one more time in the Fitbit Community!

Note this is not a glitch but is the way intended to work the Fitbit app. When you trigger the exercise with your tracker, you are using connected GPS with your phone, which by consequence the information that will show your exercise history will change; since the distance is the primary stat for GPS functionality. With Smart Track the distance information is not recorded, at least not in the way it happen with Connected GPS.

Your distance will be recorded in the standard way by multiplying your walking steps and walking stride length. Similarly, your running steps are multiplied by your running stride length.

At the moment there is no option to change the way this work, it will depend of the feature you are using with your app and your tracker.

Hope this information helps and let me know if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes