Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food portions are changing back on its own

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why does the amount change when I enter food items?  i.e. I go into foods  (frequent, recent, custom) trying to enter an amount,  it will change itself back to a previously entered amount 3-4, sometimes 5-6 times before I can enter what I'm trying to enter in the dashboard. When I'm asked, I start with, "it's difficult to enter food/calories". I usually tell people that overall,  the new "Dashboard" that was forces on fitbit users, basically just sux. I prefer the old one. But that one's gone so....  maybe at least fitbit could at least fix this one so it let's me enter food/calories easier??

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Unhappy67, good to see you around the Fitbit Community! Thank you for your feedback about the main Dashboard design.

About the food entries, I've seen this issue in some other users. I recommend to do the following:

Make sure you are running the latest version of the Fitbit app. At the moment the most recent is 2.57.3

To see what version of the Fitbit app is installed on your device:

1. Tap the menu button.
  2. Tap Help.
  3. Tap Fitbit App.

Clear the App cache:

If you have this version, please log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you around and let me know if you have more questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

'Didn't work. I paid too much for this thing to have to  be pissed off every time I try enter calories. Already telling people "don't waste your money on fitbit." I tell them about the short battery charge life too. Which as it turns out, is about a third of what's advertised.

Best Answer

@Unhappy67 on the battery check your Sync feature.  I found if you have your sync to continous it eats more battery than other settings.  But this is not a Fitbit provided information only group forums.

Andhanni - North Georgia Area - Fitbit Blaze - "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. It's ridiculous they mention updating the app. I've got the same problem since at least 5 versions ago!! And it's happening on both different phones I use (one with Android 5 and another with Android 7)

Best Answer
0 Votes