Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Notes need improvement

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am not sure how many other Fitbit user take the time to read release notes.  I know I do and to be honest they really need improvements.

Here is the link to the release notes http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2025/ 

If you notice regardless of the version IOS, Android, Windows... They all say the same thing for many of the release updates.

VERSION 2.58

Released: September 25, 2017

We fixed some bugs and made stability improvements.

Fixed some bugs... 

Well I want to know what bugs or changes.  I mean as an example since the last update.  I had to reaccept the Terms and Use Agreement.  I did read it btw...

I also now have to log in everytime I want to sync my phone. So what bug did you fix that required me to re-accept the Terms and Use Agreement and also require me to now login everytime I want to sync?

To be honest I know I have asked this before, but for the last few months every time I launch the app I have to manually Sync so this new feature of having to type my password everytime makes it even more fustrating.

Anyone have any thoughts on this???

Andhanni - North Georgia Area - Fitbit Blaze - "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Andhanni,

I can appreciate you wanting to know more details about the updates. I think Fitbit's rather bland description of the fixes is actually pretty commonplace, for better or worse. Usually, from what I know, bug fixes are bundled together around an update, and there can be a lot of little fixes that aren't listed individually.

The exception is for large fixes, like the security fix for the recently-discovered Bluetooth security flaw. With issues that large, companies will often make a specific mention of it.

As to your logging in issue, that shouldn't be happening. I don't know if it's an android app issue, or specific to your tracker (not sure which one you are using). But if you do a search for "logging in issue" I believe there are some threads going over the problem and solution.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @WavyDavey:

I truly understand your prespective and Point of View (POV).  I guess it is the Cybersecurity and software developer in me that expects a bit information.  It is just the do I need this patch or what is it really fixing.

Maybe it is just me.

Andhanni

Andhanni - North Georgia Area - Fitbit Blaze - "No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
Best Answer
0 Votes