Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover - how to crash the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure why, but if I go to the discover section and try to look around it freezes and then crashes the app. I can look at community OK.

It would seem that this is happening since you changed the discover page layout to everything appearing locked and pushing premium. 

I wouldn't pay for any of this, but were I so inclined it would not sell it to me.

Is anyone else getting this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Lilbiddy, I'm happy to see you posting again, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I appreciate the details that were shared in your post. Can you please let me know which mobile device you're currently using? When was the first time you experienced this inconvenience? In the meantime I receive your answers, can you please try the following troubleshooting steps? 

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RicardoFitbit, I have a charge 2, firmware 22.55. Not updated for fear of bricking. The phone is a Sony Xperia M4 aqua running Android 5 and app version 3.4.1.

I know the phone is not on your list but it has generally coped well since I got my fitbit for Christmas 2016. 

I noticed this problem yesterday and have ended up reinstalling about six times since then. It seems to have coincided with 3.6.1 rolling out. I'm in the UK there is often a lag in update arrival. I noticed that the display on the discover page had altered in that in the exercise selection the images now feature padlocks. If I open one of the main sections it either crashes or freezes as I try to get out of it and the main heading images are greyed out.

Luckily I have everything I want on my dashboard already, so having wasted a better part of yesterday on this I'm declaring discover out of bounds for the foreseeable future.

I was hoping to be free of further changes as I can no longer get updates but the changes to that page have obviously done something. 

Best Answer
0 Votes