Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dismiss notifications from Blaze?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

First of all, It's really GREAT you cand have any notification you want on your watch. This is a big step, and I really appreciate it.

Blaze it's very close for me to replace AW or Gear S3 but there is a "small" problem. I really can not understand why you can "clear" notifications only on the watch 😞 And after that all notifications will be on the phone and you need to clear them again from the phone.

I can understand that iOS my be too restrictive but on Android? Cmon, on Android I'm sure Fitbit can let us dismiss notifications from the watch.

This option will really make the Blaze a "smartwatch" and not only an advanced fitness tracker...

Thank You!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

The fitbit app is only looking at the notifacations that get sent to the operating system. The app  is not setup to actually read or interact with your email or messaging. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it should be able to. One of the reasons I wear a smartwatch is to reduce the number of times I reach for my phone just to read and dismiss a simple information (sms, email etc). By not being able to interact with the notification (dismiss or simple reply), I have to pick up the phone and dismiss or reply. Which is what I didn't want to do in the first place.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tested Garmin Fenix 5S. Ok, I still like my Blaze (dunno why...) but you see? The problem with notifications is solved here. You can dismiss a notification and it's gone from the watch AND the phone!!! So, it's possible. I really don't understand why the Fitbit team doesn't want to resolve this problem. I know, you will have a "new" watch maybe this year, but really untill then every day it's a pain 😞

This "I really want just a tracker" it's sooo '90s. Nobody keep something 24/24 on the hand JUST for the tracker part. At least nobody with a job and mails, messages etc.

It's really time to move one dear Fitbit or else... 😞

PS: my Apple watch/LG Sport it's crying on the desk but I still want to believe my Fitbit can be better...someday...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Garmin it's the same but you can dismiss them from the watch AND the phone. You can not reply or something like this. Still, it will be great to have this on Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes