Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance accuracy of Charge 3 during Run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 

After attempting to run this year, I've noticed (especially with longer runs) that when using my watch to track, it's not very accurate when comparing route to mapometer/mapmyrun etc. So I tried using the app instead which seems to be more accurate BUT when looking at the statistics it has a distance at the top which I expect and matches with route planners and then the actual distance on the map is far far less! I'm talking over a miles difference! 

Is there anyway to fix this and make it more accurate as its infuriating and always makes me question how far I actually went! 

The run is also being tracked by watch too at times and showing a different distance again! Very very annoying and makes feel like giving up at times. 

C Price 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Crprice, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for all the details that were shared in your post, I totally understand how annoying this matter can be for you. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know which mobile device are you using with your Charge 3? Are you using GPS to track your exercise? Are you using the SmartTrack auto-recognition feature of your device or initiating the Run exercise directly with the exercise shortcuts? Lastly, do you experience this with other activities or just with run?

In the meantime I receive your answers, please check the information that's specified on: How does my Fitbit device calculate distance traveled? and keep me posted.

Looking forward to your reply, let me know if you have any additional questions.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7. I tend to start tracking via the app as that was slightly more accurate and consistent gps wise. I've got auto on as well to see the difference in results to work out what's closest etc. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes