Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance vs steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello . My distance is not recording on my android phone, but the steps are ok. I called fitbit they are sending me a new charging cable, as my power keeps going low . My fitbit is new. Thank you. Justine

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @runnergal9 

I’m happy your getting a new charging cable to address your power issue with your new Fitbit. I will admit that I’m confused as to how a new cable will address the distance tracking on your Fitbit. 🤔 Is your distance showing a zero? Or your distance isn’t showing at all? 

If your distance (miles) isn’t showing at all I’m wondering if your distance tile got disabled somehow. To display the distance (miles) tile if it’s missing just open the Fitbit App and tap the edit button on the upper right corner of your screen then scroll down and tap miles to enable the tile then scroll back to the top of your screen then tap done. Your distance (miles) should appear on your Fitbit App again.

If your distance tile is showing on your Fitbit App but still not recording your miles taken I’d suggest restarting your new Fitbit to see if that helps. Look here to see how to properly restart your particular Fitbit: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.htm

😉 I hope this helps. Please let me know how it goes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you see distance and steps on your Fitbit device, and just not in the app?

Try checking your stride length settings in your web dashboard settings.

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi yes I restarted my phone and my distance is now showing up on my phone and did not get the cable yet. Thank you. Justine

Best Answer
0 Votes