Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a VPN Prevent Syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently installed a virtual private network software on my android phone to protect my private information. Now I just noticed my Charge 2 hasn't been syncing. I got it synced but several days of statistics in a row are missing.

Does anybody know if a VPN on your phone prevents the Fitbit app from connecting to your device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

I am running a VPN on my Pixel 3 with no issues. Same with my wife. My Versa 2 auto syncs with no issues.

Best Answer

Okay thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ria really depends on the VPN. 

Some VPN's are setup to control what the user can do and may block some ports. 

Best Answer

Okay. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having these issues and after speaking to FitBit support, they advised to raise a Suggested Feature ticket, which i have done here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Allow-Fitbit-Access-through-a-VPN-on-Mobile-App/... and as a Modorator has said, it needs up votes before being taken seriously ...

Best Answer

You may want to go to the documentation on your VPN, their may be an easy way to whitelist the Fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also decided to install a VPN on my mobile phone for security and I had exactly the same problem. My friend had everything working without any problems. He advised me to look at PinpointVPN here and choose anyone because they will definitely have to work. I deleted the last VPN on my phone and installed ExpressVPN. I have everything synchronized with it and it works stably. So if someone has a similar problem, then just try to install another VPN and I'm sure everything will work. I suggest you leave here a list of VPNs with which everything worked for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've moved this non charge hardware question to the android board. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

VPNs are designed to keep unwanted traffic out. They also are designed to keep apps from going to questionable locations or opening up not normal ports. 

Most VPNs have the ability to add exemptions which will have to be added if your VPN blocks the fitbit app. 

Best Answer

Yes, I, like many other people, like to communicate in social networks, share my thoughts and photos. True, not all social networks are available now, but I found a way out - I downloaded the VPN service on my iPhone https://veepn.com/vpn-apps/vpn-for-ios/ . Now I can chat with my friends from other countries without problems! This service is licensed, so it works clearly!

Best Answer
0 Votes