Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate maps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I log my walks I get numerous copies of the same map. Today my walk map displayed 15 times. Very frustrating. If you delete one they all delete. I am using the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Fitbit Versa. I never had this problem with any of my Fitbit Charge 2 or Fitbit Blaze 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Julann223, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I was reading your post regarding the GPS map is being duplicated several times and if you delete one entry it removes the entire exercise.

I wanted to offer you an apology for the late response and I'm wondering how it goes? Is the issue still persisting? Certainly this is not a normal behavior from the app, however I'm wondering how are you tracking your exercise? You mentioned that you have a Versa, so I assume your walk was recorded with Connected GPS.

If this is the case and the issue continue, please perform a restart on your Versa watch. For more details use the following article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

In addition, try to reset the Fitbit app: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version)

Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Hope this helps. If you have other questions, stay tuned to the Fitbit Community.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Julann223, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I was reading your post regarding the GPS map is being duplicated several times and if you delete one entry it removes the entire exercise.

I wanted to offer you an apology for the late response and I'm wondering how it goes? Is the issue still persisting? Certainly this is not a normal behavior from the app, however I'm wondering how are you tracking your exercise? You mentioned that you have a Versa, so I assume your walk was recorded with Connected GPS.

If this is the case and the issue continue, please perform a restart on your Versa watch. For more details use the following article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

In addition, try to reset the Fitbit app: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. (This may vary depending of the Android device and the OS version)

Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Hope this helps. If you have other questions, stay tuned to the Fitbit Community.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me as well, sometimes the GPS maps are duplicated multiple times. In my case it's just a display bug,  if you close the app and reopen the additional copies disappear.  Also using android,  galaxy S8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20180528-111718_Fitbit.jpg

Exercises with a map recorded from the app sometimes show up multiple times just after completing the activity. If you go back to the main screen and into activities again the extra copies are gone, so it's just a display bug.  This is on Galaxy S8.

This is just a minor bug but since there are so many bugs with the GPS activity I'm posting this anyway in the hopes you can finally get your sh*t together and do something about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi DutchGuy I do this but it doesn't always work straight away. It's very annoying if you want to look at the different walks you've done that day and the latest one shows up to 15 maps. It does eventually right itself but it shouldn't happen in the first place. I have a Galaxy S7 Edge not S8

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto I have been told my fitbit I don't need to keep deleting and reinstalling the app. It is an intermittent problems. And it is still happening but not evey walk.

How do I clear the cache 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto 

I have done the restarts and will let you know if I am still having problems 

Regards

Julie

Best Answer
0 Votes