Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing an exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had 2 things happen, on a tracked gps walk it started cueing that I was walking a half mile all the sudden every 10 steps.....we had walked aprox 2 miles and it showed 14.1 miles on the map.  The logged exercise showed 7.2 miles but the impact recorded it correctly?  How does that even happen?  Two I want to edit an exercise from treadmill to weights and according to the forums android directions I should be able to edit.  My app or desktop only allow me to delete the entire exercise.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks Linda 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Free24, good to see you again in the Fitbit Community. I'm wondering if you are using connected GPS or the MobileRun feature from your phone? I would like to know if you can share a screenshot of your exercise to have a closer look to the details it recorded if the problem persists in a daily basis.

The edit option will depend on how you tracked your exercise, since not all the activities can be edited. 

The way to edit exercise change depending on how it was recorded. If your activity is a manual entry, then the option to edit wont be available. It will be require to delete the activity and enter a new one. 

Now if the activity was recorded using the exercise mode or the exercise shortcuts from your tracker (This may vary according to the tracker's type) Is require to be extra careful. Despite you have the option to edit the category of the exercise, once it is updated, the option to edit the exercise will disappeared and wont be possible to edit again. The only workaround would be to enter a manual activity now. If this comes from a exercise shortcut from your tracker the edit option won't be available.

If the activity comes from SmartTrack, then you can edit the exercise as many times you want, since the option will be available to made more modifications in the future if is require.

Hope this helps and keep me updated how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes