Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message on Notification setting page

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was using my fitbit versa lite with my iphone 6s earlier.

Upgraded to Oneplus 7T last week. There is a message displayed continuously on notifican setting page that phone restart is required to enable notifications on fitbit.

However , notificationso fitbit are received randomly, sometimes Ok, sometimes no notification at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ApratapS. I'm glad to see you around again!

Thanks for trying the steps posted above, as well others to get the notifications working correctly. It sounds great that the error message has gone and if you notice any unusual behavior on the Fitbit app, don't hesitate to let me know.

While our team works on the Fitbit app to make it compatible with more models, you can visit the Feature Suggestions board which is the place to make your voice heard. There you can post your idea so others can find it and vote for it. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

Hope to see you around more often!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @ApratapS. Welcome on board.

Thanks for letting me know about the error message displayed, and the issues you've experienced with the notifications. Before anything else, let me know since when this started to happen. Also, take a screenshot of the error message displayed and share it with me. For instructions to attach a picture in your reply, see this post.

I was checking your details and it seems your Oneplus 7T phone isn't part of the compatible devices list, meaning that the Fitbit app hasn't been optimized to work with this model. While there isn't a guarantee that it'll always work with your Versa, let's try the following steps:

1. Remove the Versa from your Oneplus 7T phone, and if possible from your iPhone.
  2. On your phone's settings, tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear cache.
  3. Go back one screen, tap on force stop and reboot your phone.
  4. On your Versa, swipe down and tap the quick settings icon. Make sure the Do Not Disturb (little circle icon) as well the Sleep Mode (moon icon) are turned off.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and set up the notifications one more time.

Let me know how everything goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the the detailed reply.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the fitbit app on mobile to remove any kind of info related.

On reinstalling and reconnecting the tracker, the error message has gone.

However whether the notification service will work smoothly need to be observed.

Also, I am eagerly waiting for fitbit to include Oneplus 7T in its list of compatible devices so that smoother and bug free experience can be availed by millions on Oneplus users.

Best Answer

Hi @ApratapS. I'm glad to see you around again!

Thanks for trying the steps posted above, as well others to get the notifications working correctly. It sounds great that the error message has gone and if you notice any unusual behavior on the Fitbit app, don't hesitate to let me know.

While our team works on the Fitbit app to make it compatible with more models, you can visit the Feature Suggestions board which is the place to make your voice heard. There you can post your idea so others can find it and vote for it. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

Hope to see you around more often!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again.

I was finally able to observe the pattern in which problem occurs.

Each time the bluetooth connection between phone and tracker is lost, it shows this message on being connected again.

For enabling the notification again. I have to clear memory of the fitbit app in android system each time and login all over again.

Bit unfair right ??

Best Answer

Hi @ApratapS. Welcome back. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for keeping me updated about this matter. I know how you're feeling about going through those steps to get the notifications working. Just to confirm, may I know the complete message displayed on your phone? If you refer to the Fitbit Sync Service Notification, I'd suggest to check this help article.

In addition to that, make sure to update the Fitbit app to the latest version and reboot your phone afterwards. 

I'll look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes