Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise Data Not Saved/Uploaded

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have been using the Fitbit app on my Android phone to track my exercise. The first two times I tracked my exercise, the data was saved on the app/my Fitbit account. This was back in April. I realized today that none of my exercise data since then has been saved/uploaded. I'm not sure why. 

This is what I am doing:

1. Have actual Fibit on me (I have the Fitbit One).
  2. Open Fitbit app on my phone. My dashboard is the home screen that opens.
  3. Click in the "0 of 3 Days Weekly Exercise" tile.
  4. Click the timer icon in the top right.
  5. The Tracking tab opens automatically. I see that my GPS correctly places me on the map.
  6. Press the play icon/arrow icon to begin.
  7. I see that the timer is going and my miles correctly increase as I run.
  8. When I finish running, I press the pause icon and then I hold the Finish icon until the screen turns green and it says I finished.
  9. I then see a screen that shows a summary of my running time, distance, pace, and my route on the map. (Note that the time, distance, and route show correctly, but the pace is always at 0 for some reason despite the timer screen correctly showing my pace.)
  10. I then close the app because I assume the data should have saved. However, today when I realized none of my past data had saved, I attempted to select the share icon at the top; wondering if perhaps I needed to click it to share it to Fitbit. However, clicking the icon did nothing. I remained on the summary screen. I see no other icon on the summary screen that would indicate any sort of save option.

Any idea what's going on? My actual Fitbit tracks my steps and adds it to my account, but the app seems to not be working. I checked the Google Play store on my phone and there does not appear to be a new version of the app for me to upgrade to so I assume I am on the most recent version.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7

App Version: 2.50 (2183130)

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I have had the exact same experience off and on for the last week or two.  Everything looks like it is working as it is supposed to. Tonight I finished a walk and saw all the stats related to it-even my pace.  My steps registered but the "exercise" did not.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. While running my fit bit 1 tells me how far I have ran my pace and distance but after finishing the run it all goes away. I was using this to see if I have improved. Help would be greatly appreciated. The phone I'm using is a V20

Best Answer

Same here! It shows me my stats after I 'Track Exercise' and finish, I take screen shots of it all b/c it doesn't show on my Exercise! So frustrating. It hasn't saved my last 4 runs. I need to keep track of my progress, and cannot do that if it won't record my activities! Then when I log exercise manually, it only lets me put in miles and configures the stats, which don't seem to match up with other records. AND it doubles the steps I've already taken!

What am I doing incorrectly? Thanks!

SOS!

Fit; Samsung Galaxy S6 version 7.0

Best Answer

Also having exactly the same problem. Recently entered the Coniston Challenge and tracked it. On completion of over 35000 steps in an afternoon I was gutted to find it hadn't saved.  Checking back it hasn't worked since April. Smiley Sad Please tell me how to resolve this.

Best Answer

I found the solution. I switched to a Garmin Tracker!
Samsung has an excellent health app (Samsung Health), also. If I decide to upgrade to a new Samsung I'll trade in my Garmin for their watch.
I'm now finding FitBit to be lacking in features. Plus, they don't respond to customers requests for support.
Something to consider! ~D

Best Answer

I think I’m having the same issue. I am having an issue with my flex2 and the gps tracking on the Track Exercise. I do not pause the timer while on my walk and at the end after hitting the finish button, my walk is not recorded. Also, the miles are all off and my stride. My friend has a Blaze and we made the stride the same and timed our walks together and mine just doesn’t record it at the end. In fact it doesn’t even list that I was on a walk under Track Exercise. And the miles and stride were off. Sometimes it doesn’t even move. Please help. It’s very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Jayelo, nice to see you around in the Fitbit Community! I was reading your exercise was not saved under your Track exercise tile history. So, if you don't paused the exercise, this remove from the equation the glitch with this portion of the app. 

My initial suggestions would be to review these points:

1. Make sure your phone can track your activity when you're out of Wi-Fi range. This is usually achieved by making sure Cellular Data is turned on.
  2. Make sure GPS can continue tracking while your phone is locked.
  3. Make sure your phone can identify your location.This is usually achieved by enabling Location Services within your privacy settings.
  4. The Fitbit app is open on your phone or running in the background. Do not force quit the Fitbit app.

If the issue continues, try to reboot your mobile device using these steps: Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Hope this helps. See you until the next opportunity!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@RobertoME It’s still not working correctly. Two of my other friends I have walked with has their gps working and their stats pretty accurate but we cannot figure out why mine doesn’t. When we walk my distance stops at 1.7 miles every time no matter how much further I go. And the gps is all wrong or doesn’t even record. It’s very frustrating since I would like to have it track my walks. I’ve done what you recommended. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled my Fitbit app. I’ve restarted the Fitbit. I have no other issues with the gps on my phone and other apps. I don’t want to get the Versa if this issue still continues with it. I’m currently using the flex2 and I have a Samsung s7 edge of that makes any difference. What else can I do to fix this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes