Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise Does Note Log after completion

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

So, I recently got a Charge as a gift and I installed the app on Android 3 days ago. When I track my daily runs with my phone, after I finish running I hold the finish button, but my runs are not logged in either the app or website. And there is no map showing my course or time. My step count is still logged, but no exercise has been logged for 3 days.  I have GPS enabled, the app is updated, and I've tried logging out and restarting my phone. Any recommendations? Should I uninstall and reinstall the app? Unpair and re-pair the Bluetooth? Anything else?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, @Roberto_B! This may be a really silly question, but are you bringing your phone with you? If you're starting the tracking on the phone, this only uses the phone's accelerometer and gps to track the run. If you use the tracking from your Charge, you won't get the gps, but you'll get the steps from your Charge.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

Ive just come on because I have the exact same issue with my Alta HR

I went for a 5k run this morning, - about 2 hrs ago. I had my phone, I was getting notifications during the run of my pace and km marks etc. Finished the run when I finished, and the map is just not there. I get the steps and heart rate, but not the map. It was working fine until this morning. I have hundreds of previous runs, no difference to my phone, no updates or anything. Just today it hasn't saved the map, my splits or anything. 

Fitbit can you have a look please? I use mine for training so I really need that information. 

Best Answer

Ive just come across a known error that I think might have been my issue. 

If you pause, then continue the run, then finish it - which I accidentally did this morning for only a few seconds - it looses it. Apparently an intermittent fault. 

@Roberto_B is this possibly what you have done?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MakMak That's a fair question. Yes, I'm bringing my phone along. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@avidkeoYes! I have paused during my workouts. I didn't think of that as causing an error. Have you come across a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Roberto_B apparently the only solution is to not pause and resume, only pause and finish.

Sadly this morning I did not pause and resume but my map did not save. Fitbit can you please look into this? I will not be using it to track my workouts until this is fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes