Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise not loading in Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Versa 3, but this appears to be related to the app, not the tracker itself.  On Monday, I was able to open Exercise in the app to view details of my workout.  Yesterday and today (Wednesday), all I get is spinning (see screenshot).  This is on a Samsung Galaxy S20 and I have checked for updates in the Play Store and there are none.  Any ideas what is happening and how to fix it?

Screenshot_20230517_074030.jpg

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @buttercup560  - as you say it is an app problem, try logout of the Fitbit App, swipe off the active window and in Android clear the storage cache and force stop it and then restart the phone.

Restart the watch while about refreshing things.

Log back in and wait for any pair, link or Fixit prompts and sync, then see.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@buttercup560 it's an old issue that's been there since (at least) January. What works is using the Force Stop option (not just swiping the app away from a task list) and killing the app. Then it may load maps successfully. I have plenty of screenshots like that for every update of the Android app. In January, one user reported the bug in 3.72. We are now at 3.81. I'm wondering what "bug fixes" each update contains if this hasn't been addressed (despite allegedly passing the information to the developers' team by a moderator) for nearly half a year and multiple updates.

@Guy_ Just Force Stop does the job but probably because of the simplicity of the workaround Fitbit ignores fixing this issue. My theory is there is a race condition while trying to load maps (this is a culprit, maps fail to load when there is more than one map visible in the view, and then neither loads). When exiting the exercise screen and coming back, a user sees what OP posted. The view is locked like this and won't budge. I believe synchronization between threads gets stuck.

The way to reproduce the bug is to have more than one GPS activity so the Exercise view will display more than one map on the same screen. Now, it's random. Maps usually load but occasionally all of them get stuck on the spinning wheel. When this happens, quick the Exercise view and come back to it again and you will see what OP posted.

This afternoon after my run (with original Sense): 

Screenshot_20230518_150626.jpg

I stopped counting this will get fixed but can confirm that Force Stop workaround works.

Best Answer

@t.parker @Guy_ Thanks for your input. Much appreciated! @buttercup560 Hello there. Hope you all are doing well. 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I can confirm I have experienced the same before. However, lately all my exercises load. I just tried and I had multiple GPS exercises listed and they all loaded. Which smartphone do you have @buttercup560?  Please make sure that your Fitbit app is up to date. I would also suggest clearin caché memory and the access the list of trainings again to see if they load first try. Let us see if other users experience the same.

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes