Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with MobileTrack and a device tracker

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone. I've used a Charge 3 for some time. I was holding out to replace it until the first Google Pixel Watch came out. Now, here it is. I've replaced my Charge 3. There dosen't seem to be unity between Google Fit and Fitbit. While using Charge 3, I used FitToFit to move data into Google Fit. It appears that I need to keep this going. Now, I use Google Fit to track steps. I use my Google Pixel Watch to track steps. The app FitToFit intelligently merges steps and activities, so that there isn't overlap. If there is overlap, it is very little. Now, Google Fit has a total step and activity count, but my Fitbit app is lacking total information. I'd like the Fitbit app to be the "main source" of data, reporting, etc. To do this, I will need to disable steps and activity tracking in Google Fit, rely 100% on Fitbit app, and allow FitToFit to sync the data. I see that the Fitbit app has MobileTrack. I tried to reach out to support to see if it would intelligently merge data from the wearable and app. I don't want my steps doubled. From searching, it appears others have used this and have been okay. However, support said there would be data discrepancies if the phone is on person and a tracker is counting activity and steps at the same time. They also said to try it out and see what happens. Before I pollute my daily steps and activity tracking, I have a few questions for the community.

What has your experience been with this?

How do you track all activity and steps?

Is Google Fit your central app for tracking everything or have you been able to keep it within Fitbit?

What has worked for you?

All this said, I wouldn't be surprised if Google replaced Google Fit with Fitbit app some day. I'd kind of like to get ahead of that.

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0