Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FB login in Android app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys,

did I miss anything or I'm not able to login to the mobile app using FB just like on the web? That would mean i cannot really access my already existing account...

thanks for help

Petr

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner! 

I'd like to ask you some questions to better understand what is the best way to go about it. Are you getting any sort of error message when you try to log in? Have you tried using the email address linked to your FB account in order to log in? 

Look forward to your reply so that I can find the best way to move forward.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue as I've been unable to log into my Android FB app on my Samsung S5 for a week now. I note that a similar issue was logged on this forum 7/10/17, which was a site error and was resolved. When I try to log in (I didn't and don't log out of the app) a message says "invalid email or password" or "Fitbit.com is down for maintenance". My email/PW are certainly correct, I'm still receiving email notifications and can still log into the website using those details. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, restarting my phone and resetting my PW with no success. I would like to suggest that if there is a known app problem or when the site is genuinely down for maintenance that a general email be circulated to this effect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

There is no error. I just cannot use FB to login to my account on mobile. There is no "Log in using Facebook" option...

fitbit1.PNGfitbit2.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the  Forums @Smamac13! Thanks for the pictures @SunsetRunner.

The option to log in through Facebook will not show up on the mobile app. In this case what you'd have to do is to change the password to your account using the 'Forgot Password' link and then manually enter the email address linked to your FB and then the new password and it should let you in.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

😄 Well that sounds like a very complicated solution to a problem which does not exist in any other service/app 🙂

Is there a reason there is no FB login option in mobile app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner.

I see where you are coming from. We do not have any details on why this is, but I'll be sure to keep my eyes open for any updates. Additionally, I'll be letting the team know about your feedback on the situation.

IF you have any further questions, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I request for reset password, but after that I tried logging in, still cannot

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jas2602.

Thanks for letting us know that it still won't let you log in after resetting the password.

In this case I'd like to ask if you are getting some sort of error message and if so, what does it say? Could you share some screenshots of what you are getting to better understand what is going on and how to move forward.

I look forward to you reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, the only error message is invalid email id or password

I login via desktop and it works

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, the only error message it have is invalid email id or password.

I tried logging in thru desktop, it work perfectly fine

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Jas2602.

Thanks for sharing those details and your reply.

I will be sure to bring this up to the rest of the team. As soon as we have any details on the matter we will let everyone know.

I'm glad to read that it did work when logging through the desktop, however That should definitely do as a workaround for the time being.

Let me know if there are any other questions I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The 'reset password' is not sending an email. C'mon guys. Get it together. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Time to get onto customer services @raystaar.  This may mean you have been hacked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Lilbiddy , nice to see you back in the Community! Thank you for you comment. Not receiving the email for the password reset, could have meany reasons, the inbox is full the email address was not written correctly . It doesn't mean necessarily that the account was hacked. 

@raystaar , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your information. Please verify if the email address didn't have any typo. If not, please verify if the message with the password reset instructions was not redirected to your Spam/Junk folder. 

If you cannot find it there, please let me know. 

I'll be expecting your reply 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i'm having this same exact issue.

the email is correct in my account settings, i can login via browser with facebook option, but any attempt to login to ther apps using the facebook credentials doesnt work.

resetting password sends NO email, how something can be this broken is beyond me.

Best Answer
0 Votes