Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

Right 😆 

No, didn't have to send my current one back.

Which is bonkers as 1. Fitbit = Google and 2. Fitbit knew all about Bluetooth syncing issues during beta tests.

Best Answer

Ah I was told they would only issue replacement once they had received my current one. 

Saw lots of posts about beta testing issues. My cheap yamay tracker was better than this.

Best Answer

Sis tou manage to get this fixed? I have the same problem.

Best Answer

No, no luck

Best Answer

Thanks @ChoSmile , This point about Bluetooth packet size is interesting. How do you know this? Did Fitbit, Google or Samsung Support tell you and confirm the issue?

--Huddie; Fitbit Charge 5, firmware v57.20001.188.58; Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 F926B/DS, Android 13 OneUI 5, patch level 2022-12-01, Build Number F926BXXU2DVL9; Fitbit for Android v3.72
Best Answer

Same issue. All steps mentioned were taken. Neither Charge 4 nor 5 is syncing on Android 13 device.

How soon will fitbit fix this bug? Any word?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same issues. My Samsung flip 4 did a software update on Thursday and since then my phone will not connect to my luxe. I've tried absolutely everything to get it to reconnect and nothing works.

The phone finds my luxe but doesn't connect.

I've had to use my old versa for now, but the screen is coming out of it (which is why I bought a new fitbit).

Best Answer

I've tested my fitbit with a different Samsung and it's fine so the issue is with the Flip 3 5g (my mum also has one and the same issue). 

Current workaround is linking fitbit to my Chrome book so atleast its now working as a watch and step counter- even if I don't get notifications. 

However do need a response from fitbit about when there will be a fix. I suggest people contact Samsung and fitbit to push a resolution.

Fitbit Charge 5 v57.20001.171.50 Updated to 57.20001.188.58 // Fitbit App v3.71 // Samsung Flip3 5G Android 13 One UI 5 Patch level 2022-12-01
**Fitbit is still not working for any Samsung Flip/Fold users**
Best Answer

I am facing the same issue

I recommend that everyone submit an error report through the Samsung members app

U can do that by clicking and holding on the app icon it will show the pop-up list

Maybe with many reports, they will make a priority

Best Answer

I just reported to Samsung as suggested by Oosaskzs. Hope both Fitbit and Samsung pay attention. 

Best Answer

Hi Oosaskzs - thank you for the tip - i have submitted an error report through the Samsung Members app too 

Best Answer

I have a flip 4 and my Charge 5 stopped syncing. The fitbit company sent me a new charge 5 and has the exact same issue.  I can see. The charge 5 on my Bluetooth but it won't pair. Plan to call customer support in the a.m. what a waste

Best Answer

Exactly the same with me. No synching of either my Charge 5 or Charge 4 on my Samsung Fold 3 after upgrade to Android 13. And absolutely no response from Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues here. Report to fitbit support and as usual, they gave me all these standard replies and close the support ticket quickly without understanding the real issues customers are facing. I shared with them that several people are having same issues and shared with them the discussion thread url here too, but they remain nonchalant about it. Disappointed. Now my fitbit charge 5 become literally useless.

Best Answer

The same has happened to me! 😞 I can't get it to reconnect to my phone at all 

Best Answer
My husband spent the whole morning on chat to fit bit.
I am now without one... they are supposedly hoping to replace it but I.am
not dure that will resolve the issue, I believe it is a software fix they
need to sort out. Very disappointed and feel lost without it.
Best Answer

After lastest Android update this week, no bluetooth connection is possible. It's all over the internet that the android update caused a fitbit disconnect.

When will fitbit bring out an update or fix? Untill this time the fitbit is useless

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

@huddie At work we have Bluetooth devices that have same behaviour. My colegues debugs and compare communicaton between several Android 13 Samsung phones Some S models (where our devices continue works like before) and some Flip models (where before works before on 11/12 and now stops on 13). So from customers only Flip and Fold on Android 13 (UI5) have this problems.and until now bluetooth packet size lenght is the problem. When they fix* the problem (for our devices) - I can be more specific. This "fix*" will be a just workaround for our devices until Samsung generally fix their part in the Bluetooth stack for Flip/Fold models.

Best Answer

Same for me! 

Best Answer

Would someone maybe have this issue. I can't pair my charge 4 with the new flip z4 

I factory reset the watch

I removed it and added it again 

I even tested it on a different device and no issue there 

I don't know what is the issue it won't pair it at all

Thanks 

Best Answer