Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

1000000317.jpg

  This is how long I have been with fitbit. This is the very 1st model they put out. It's. It seems since Google took over the company is not the same. It used to be a small company out of San Francisco that would do anything for their customers . Not anymore.

Best Answer

I could not agree more! I love old Fitbit era. Poor me 😞

Best Answer

I was on chat yesterday demanding a refund and wasn't allowed one as I've had it since July. The guy on chat just didn't care. Worse customer service I've experienced in a very long time.

Best Answer

same here.  and when i tried to reset the charge 5, i cannot anymore set it up with my z fold 4 or z flip 4, it won't proceed to the pin portion, hangs on the found it section.

Best Answer

I have the Galaxy Z flip and it's doing the same with me. I have a brand new Charge 5 and I can't set it up because it won't connect to it. Tried all the troubleshooting - I'm really disappointed 

Best Answer
  • Has this issue been fixed yet. I have had the same problem with my charge 4 and flip z? .
Best Answer
No has it heck and no updates from fitbit
Best Answer

The issue has not yet been fixed. I also have the issue with my Charge 4 and Z Flip 4. 

Best Answer

Hello? Any updates? I cannot believe there is no official statement or release on such a MASSIVE issue. Especially since your company is not honoring returns passed the initial waranty. You have more than enough people awaiting some type of communication before their 30 days pass for return

Best Answer

https://www.fitbit.com/sk/about  

Has leadership that is still there I believe.  You can probably guess at email addresses if they still use @Fitbit.com.  Letters to the exec office will many times help.

https://gadgetsandwearables.com/2022/12/12/fitbit-samsung-z-flip-folds/?unapproved=26069435&moderati...   They were saying that a quietly released firmware update fixed the issue and Fitbit kept it quiet.  My fitbit has the mentioned firmware installed via a working phone.  Still does not work with the Flip.  Imagine someone with a Fitbit getting a Flip or Fold for Xmas, or someone with a Flip or Fold getting a Fitbit for Xmas.  If they do not know of a problem, they will spend hours with Support trying to get it working to no avail.  Nice was to spend Xmas or Hanukka with you non working new gift.

Best Answer
I connected my charge 5 to my work iPhone but it still won't sync with my
flip4 so still a waste of time and not fixed
Best Answer
If their leadership is still unaware of the problem, then that is not saying much. If Fitbit cared about customer service, leadership should not have to wait for a certain level of user communication before taking any action. I'm done.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
When you contact fitbit they refer you to the community - waste of time and
effort but there's going to be alot of flak if not sorted for Christmas
Best Answer
I don't think they care if the money is rolling in with people buying them
for Christmas and they're still sending out emails for premium. Fitbit
always been good, big mistake getting involved with Google
Best Answer
Me too! Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

my phone is a Samsung Flip 3- but it stopped syncing last sunday after the update

I have done all troubleshooting tips - now it won't even pair with my phone

It does appear to be working -Except for collecting sleep data-

That tile has disappeared off my app

can still find the old data on my profile

Best Answer

I've been seriously looking myself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the detailed information, and the steps tried prior to posting. Let me share we identified the root cause of the bug and we are working on a fix, which we anticipate releasing via an app update in early 2023.

We want our Fitbit Community to be a place where users can come to share their feedback and stories in a conducive manner, so please keep in mind the Community Guidelines when posting. Once again, your feedback is appreciated and we'll update this thread as soon as we have more information.

Best Answer

Thanks @LizzyFitbit . 

Hope you like it hot, cos it's gonna get spicy in here :fire:

--Huddie; Fitbit Charge 5, firmware v57.20001.188.58; Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 F926B/DS, Android 13 OneUI 5, patch level 2022-12-01, Build Number F926BXXU2DVL9; Fitbit for Android v3.72
Best Answer
I am glad to see at least an update that Fitbit is working on it. I am one
of the "fortunate" people that spoke with a very friendly customer service
person. After our discussion that my Charge 5 wouldn't connect to my Flip 3
AND my Charge 5 was losing time, she promptly set up to send me a new
Charge 5. I received it the other day and, of course, it didn't work. My
phone can see that it's there but it won't connect. It won't complete a set
up.
So, still waiting.
Best Answer