Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

I've the exact same issue. I've Fitbit Charge 4 which I had for a year and it was working perfectly. It was connected and syncing with no issue with my Galaxy Fold 3 for more than 7 months. About 3 days ago, there was an UI update on the Fold 3 and Bluetooth stopped working after that. The phone no longer connects to my car or to the Charge 4. I tried everything, and I mean everything to get the Charge 4 connected and syncing again, but nothing worked. The issue is related to Bluetooth on Samsung devices with the latest updates. I have the older Fold 1 and this works just fine and it's connected to my Charge 4 right now. So I'm using the older Fold 1 until this Bluetooth issue is fixed by Samsung.

Best Answer

This didnt help. Already tried it. This literally happened after updating the phone with the latest update. After that the fitbit did not sync anymore with my flip4 samsung phone.

Seeing a lot of other people are experiencing the same problem and the app store is flooding with similar messages, i am assuming this is a generic fitbit issue?

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know. Yes I'm frustrated and it's only been two days...I guess I'll roll back Android to the previous version

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nicole0313 Yes, I'm extremely frustrated, too. I have no idea how to roll back to Android 12 but if I could do it, I absolutely would!

Best Answer

Samsung flip 3 and Charge 5 issues.  Chatted with fitbit support yesterday and was offered a percent off a new fitbit.  If my Charge 5 was working before the update,  and now isn't,  is a new fitbit going to work? Hmmm

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Loribuzz327 Nope lol

I just got my new Charge 5 this morning and have the same issues I was having with the Luxe. For some reason, Fitbit refuses to acknowledge the software issue and Samsung is doing the same thing. Lots of finger pointing and no resolution 😞

Best Answer
Great😡
Best Answer

I have a z flip 3 and it's not pairing or syncing. Going on 3 days now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.

Best Answer

I am also having this issue after Android update and nothing I have tried works.  Any fix in the works?

Best Answer

@Nicole0313 ,you are aware of the search bar at the top ofthis page? Take a look at this

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

SAME.  Found a bunch of posts that seem to indicate that there's a problem with the compatibility between Android 13 and the Fitbit app. They've known about it for months and haven't fixed it.

I'm really disappointed as I've had a Fitbit since 2014 and I'm a diehard Android user, yet it seems that I'm going to have to find a competitors product going forward.

Best Answer

Support are bots just sending pre-canned how to guides. this is a real problem with the Fitbit app since android 13 was released for Samsung flip series phones, and it needs to be properly addressed.

How do we get this problem visibility with the development team?? 

Best Answer

Same issue with a zfold3

I even tried to unpair and restart, now it doesn't see the fitbit at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife and I both have Charge 5 and Samsung Flip 4. After sw update, it doesn't see our Fitbits anymore. Cannot set up, pair, etc. My wife tried her offixe iphone and she was able to pair. Issue is the app in Flip 4. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think they have humans on Facebook, but they often refer you to the bot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

While you can unpsir the Charge 5 from the phones Bluetooth, you will not be able to pair with the phones Bluetooth. 

Simply open the fitbit app, the app will ask for permission to pair/connect the Charge 5. 

Now if you removed the Charge 5 from your app, you also removed the Charge 5 from your fitbit account, and not from the phone. Before setting up the Charge 5, you should unpair the Charge 5 from the phone. 

Now setup the Charge 5 as if it was bought today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad it's not just me

Best Answer

Hi Rich, 

I also know how to setup my fitbit and have done everything you said and it still doesn't work. It is failing to pair in the app.  I was able to pair it to my iPhone tonight so this is an issue with my zfold3. From what I can compare, it doesn't send the pin to the charge 5 for pairing.

Best Answer
0 Votes