Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to sync after Android 13 update Samsung Flip/Fold

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated to Android 13 today.
From then on, no sync possible anymore.
I already:

• Restarted my phone
  • Shut down the phone completly
  • Force quit Fitbit
  • Deleted and reinstalled Fitbit (should be the newest version)
  • Reset the Charge 5
  • Shut down Google Assistant (apparently that's a problem with the Sense and Android 13)
  • Restarted Bluetooth several times
  • Hard Reset the Charge 5

Now I'm stuck with a watch that can't be connected anymore and is stuck in install mode.

Edit: To clarify. The Charge 5 is being seen via bluetooth, i get's found by the app, but it doesn't complete the connection.

Best Answer
1,444 REPLIES 1,444

I went to the Google Play Store and gave a one star review with my complaint described. There are others also trying to get through using the play store. Not sure if that will help. 🙄

Best Answer
Yes the android 13 update. I have a Samsung Flip 4.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using Galaxy Fold 4. My wife is using Galaxy Flip 3. Both were updated to Android 13 on the same day. Both of our fitbits stopped syncing after the update. This seems to be a widespread issue with Samsung foldables updated to Android 13

I am using Galaxy Fold 4. My wife is using Galaxy Flip 3 (fitbit charge 5 and 4 respectively) . Both were updated to Android 13 on the same day. Both of our fitbits stopped syncing after the update. This seems to be a widespread issue with Samsung foldables updated to Android 13

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Technically it's not the app nor the watch - it's the phone which is the common denominator in all of these issues. Apparently there is a firmware update (Fitbit Charge 5 version 20001.188.58) but no one seems to have received it yet to test if there is a fix. 

@Rich_Laue Have you tested this on a Samsung Flip or Fold? The issue is not a lack of knowledge in how to connect our Fitbit but with the Fitbit software not communicating with any variation of a Samsung Flip or Fold following the Android 13 update.

Fitbit Charge 5 v57.20001.171.50 Updated to 57.20001.188.58 // Fitbit App v3.71 // Samsung Flip3 5G Android 13 One UI 5 Patch level 2022-12-01
**Fitbit is still not working for any Samsung Flip/Fold users**
Best Answer
0 Votes

@txteva   to upgrade the firmware on the fitbit you need to sync it to your device...   catch 22 

Best Answer

@DavidVoice That is true, worth using a secondary device e.g. laptop, tablet, work phone, friends phone to help you with that. Personally I've managed to link mine to my Chromebook. Unfortunately Fitbit seem to roll out the updates randomly so there's no way to force an update so someone with a Flip/Fold can test it.

Fitbit Charge 5 v57.20001.171.50 Updated to 57.20001.188.58 // Fitbit App v3.71 // Samsung Flip3 5G Android 13 One UI 5 Patch level 2022-12-01
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DavidVoice If it's not syncing with your current phone, choose a different device and install the Fitbit app and sync it on there. That will enable you to update the Fitbit's firmware. Then you try to pair the Fitbit to your current phone again. However, the new firmware does not fix the Samsung phone Android 13 sync issue.

--Huddie; Fitbit Charge 5, firmware v57.20001.188.58; Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 F926B/DS, Android 13 OneUI 5, patch level 2022-12-01, Build Number F926BXXU2DVL9; Fitbit for Android v3.72
Best Answer
0 Votes

@huddie  Please can you confirm which firmware you are using? Is the latest version 20001.188.58 not fixing it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Fitbit,

I think everyone who has read or posted in this thread (including me) knows how to reset a Bluetooth connection, restart a phone and knows perfectly well the troubleshooting procedure you keep suggesting.

(We know... it's here : Why won't my Fitbit device sync? )

It seems obvious to me that the problem is not on our side but on yours (or Samsung's, but it's still your problem)

To summarize: Samsung Flip/Fold + Android 13 = No more Sync.

I can confirm that my Charge 5 works perfectly with :

- Samsung Note 9 Android 10
- Samsung S20 Ultra Android 12
- Samsung Tab S7+ Android 13

It is obvious that the problem does not come from the Charge 5! No need to replace them!  ... and I'm not going to change my phone... my Flip 4 is brand new and I'm very happy with it.

You don't need to ask us to reset the Bluetooth or whatever... The problem is not there. Nor from the hardware (Charge 5).
Find a solution... push an update... contact Samsung ....?

Having already developed Android apps, I don't think the problem must be complicated to fix for a company like Fitbit/Google.

If the problem comes from Samsung.... Contact them... In my opinion it is not your customers (us) who should find solutions for you. I think that many people pay for their premium subscription, so it seems normal to me that you offer a service that works for everyone.

I can understand that there are software or compatibility issues with new versions of Android, but at least be kind enough to let us know that you have found or are looking for the problem and are working on a solution. I have the impression that no one "official" is reading us here.

If you have read me this far, I thank you, and I hope to get my Charge 5 back in use soon.

I currently have a Premium account (6 months free) that expires this month... I'm convinced of the benefits it brings me, but if I can't sync.... I won't pay to extend it..  Please understand 🙂

Or extend my free premium subscription until this problem is solved !

My Charge 5 firmware is v57.20001.171.50

My phone is Samsung Z Flip 4

My software is Android 13 with One UI 5

Best Answer

yeah- this doesnt work... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20221206_054447_Gmail.jpg

Apparently, the solution is to purchase a new phone. According to Fitbit. I'm glad my new Galaxy watch is being delivered this morning!

Best Answer
0 Votes

they really are not listening are they....   

Best Answer

@DavidVoice Not even a little bit. Ridiculous! I saw another Fitbit response saying we need to find another device and sync it to the other device...which makes no sense. I'm so done with them!

Best Answer

@txteva I'm still on firmware v57.20001.171.50. I've been checking, but have not yet received v57.20001.188.58. However, other users, such as this person, are reporting it doesn't work.

Hi all. Thanks for sharing. As there is a new Fitbit firmware in the pipeline - v57.20001.188.58 - could you please state your current firmware version in your posts.

--

Paul

Fitbit Charge 5, firmware v57.20001.171.50.

--Huddie; Fitbit Charge 5, firmware v57.20001.188.58; Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 F926B/DS, Android 13 OneUI 5, patch level 2022-12-01, Build Number F926BXXU2DVL9; Fitbit for Android v3.72
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've gone back to Fitbit support on twitter to advise them that this update doesn't seem to be working. See if they have a response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 5 firmware is v57.200001.171.50

My phone is Samsung Z Fold 4

also known as the non-working Trinity 

Best Answer

My Charge 5 firmware is v57.200001.171.50

My phone is Samsung Z Flip 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is a shocking response. Will have to replace a device for sure, but it will be my fitbit! 

Best Answer

@DrBvL It's just mind boggling! "Sorry our website says your Android is compatible. Just buy a new, one thousand dollar, phone 🙄

I will post my experience withy Galaxy watch 😜

Best Answer

Also having an issue syncing my Charge 4. The Bluetooth connection seems to be fine, it just doesn't ever update and eventually times out. Very frustrating !!

Best Answer