Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about new design of the Android app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Unbelievable.  Hundreds and hundreds of posts complaining about the new UI, and one of the biggest complaints is that changing the day, backwards or forwards, doesn't change all the other stats, so you end up looking at a mix of yesterday's and today's data.  So Fitbit releases a new version of the app.... that still has the same design. What possible use case exists that I would want to see some of today's data mixed with some of a previous day's data?  None at all.

Once again, I've switched back to the last version with a usable UI, version 2.47

Fitbit's arrogance and disregard of it's customers will lead to it's doom. There are hundreds and hundreds of posts on this forum from people who have sworn to never buy another Fitbit. It's almost as if company management has a death wish.

Moderator Edit: Word Choice / Updated Subject For Clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @BobM2, good to see you around! Thank you for your feedback and I understand your point of view regarding the new design of the Fitbit app. There is a post were we have compile all the major feedback and summarize all the comments and recent updates, perhaps is of your interest so take a look here: New Android Dashboard.

See you around and thank you again for your comments.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm familiar with that thread.  It's the one where many,many people complained about the issue I mentioned. And that Fitbit has ignored solving. And which you no longer allow people to comment in. Suggesting I comment in a closed thread isn't very helpful.

What WOULD be helpful is for Fitbit to fix the stupid app so that it works the way people expect it to. i.e., when you change days, ALL the data changes to match, not just some of the data. There is NO rational use case for viewing a mix of yesterday's data and today's data on the same screen, but that's how the app works.

Beyond stupid.

Best Answer

Totally agree. I have an Amazon Fire so my app just updated (as opposed to the earlier Android update) and I went to check out that old thread only to find it had been closed. I find the tile design and circles totally unuseable, which is why I rarely use the app on my (Android) phone or the website. The old design with a list that showed a linear status and values was so much simpler to read than circles, not to mention that not everything is there anymore. SIMPLE is better. I'd go back to the old version like many Android users have if I could, but I don't think that is possible with the Amazon app.

Best Answer

Search the internet for the specific version number.  Many mentioned in the forum have been closed down by Fitbit because they don't want you using anything but that awful new app.  Email me, I'll try to send you the app I'm still using.  rcleegan at gmx dot com

Best Answer
0 Votes