Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware update screen stuck in the Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just updated with the firmware update using the Android App. Says 10 mins to update but it has been running for an hour. Fitbit has updated but the app is locked in the update screen. Is there a way of rebooting the app without affecting the update?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @peteblackfox, good to see you have joined to the Fitbit Community! Certainly this is not an expected behavior from your Fitbit app. If the issue persists by now perhaps force closing the app will do the trick to resolved the issue. If the installation on your tracker was successful, it shouldn't be affected the update by doing this:

Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app is back on but I haven't been able to sync for 5 days.

I have tried all the steps in a previous post. Restarted phone and fitbit. Bluetooth is working fine. Not in flight mode. All other apps and Bluetooth devices are off.

Connects just won't sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @peteblackfox, let me apologize since I've been absent from this thread for a while, I was reading you were experiencing issues to sync, so I would like to know how it goes so far? Is the issue still persisting since our last interaction?

In case it does, perhaps the following steps might give you some extra help, from what you have tried already: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

See you later and for more help stay tuned to our Community!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I left it in the charger, switched off screensaver on my phone so it wouldn't go into standby and put it next to the titbit. Took a while but eventually synced. Seems to be the sync is less effective without a full charge.
Best Answer
0 Votes