Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit bit app counting steps when I'm not wearing the tracker (MobileTrack)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

I have a fitbit charge 2 and a Samsung 8...

My issue is.. last night I took my fitbit off, so I was surprised to see that the app had recorded steps all night.  I had my phone in my pocket so that app must have been using my phone's step counter.  

I only want my fitbit steps recorded.. how do I stop the app using my phone's steps?thanks 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @SunsetRunner, nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community! I was reading your app is counting steps through the feature of MobileTrack and you want only the steps from your tracker.

Before you remove your MobileTrack option, make sure your tracker is not near a surface that is receiving vibrations or small gust of winds. I've seen in some users this small vibrations or external interference when you are not wearing the tracker can be translate as steps.

Now down to your question, in order to remove the MobileTrack option you need to do the following:

- Go to your Account tab

User-added image

- Here you'll see the option of MobileTrack listed as a tracker

- Tap the three vertical dots next to the name of "MobileTrack" 

- By doing this, a prompt option should appear to select "Unpair" 

Following these steps, you should be able to remove this feature from your phone.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes