Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit app doesn't remember I read Notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I start my app (FB v 2.67.1) on my Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android v 6.0.1, the app displays the red number circle over the Notifications icon at the bottom right corner of the app, even though I've read all the notifications. I can go back and re-read the notifications and the red number will disappear ... until I restart the app ... then it reappears, even though there are no new notifications. The app should be programmed to remember the user has read notifications, otherwise this feature is not useful at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello there @RickLee, nice to have you around in the Fitbit Community! This is an odd behavior from the Fitbit app. Since you have updated the app to the new version, I would recommend to reset your app:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

See you around and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That works ... until I get a new message notification from one of my FitBit friends ... then I have to repeat the procedure which works over and over and over ...

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @RickLee, thank you for keep me posted and I can understand your point about this issue. I have tried to replicate this behavior using my own phone, which is Samsung as well, but I have fail to obtain the same results.

Have you tried the new version of the Fitbit app? It was released a new one at the end of the last week that might help you to improve the stability of the Fitbit app. For more details, review this post. If you have installed this version already, did the issue change the behavior or is still happening?

Just a quick note, despite it was an effective way to explain this behavior you are experiencing, I have to edited your post to maintain the readability of our Community.

See you later and I'll be looking forward to your response.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in fact on FB v 2.67.2 (2193262).

Best Answer
0 Votes