Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alta not tracking activity or updating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i got a fitbit alta on 2 days ago as a present. it wont update despite app telling e it needs to. and now today it has stooped tracking activity. it tracked a bit this morning but stopped at lunchtime. ive tried restarting the device, bluetooth and plugging it into a laptop and nothing! help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello there @vivryan, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community!  I was reading you are having troubles to track your activity and the app is showing you there is a new update for your tracker. I'm wondering if your tracker is not recording your exercise or the activity is not being uploaded to your app despite is being recorded by your tracker?

There are no new firmware available for the Fitbit Alta at the moment, so I recommend to review the version you have installed. Tap your tracker's icon in the upper corner and here you should be able to see the number of your version, which according to the latest one should be: 21.40.2

Also I want to recommend to review the version of the Fitbit app as we have been releasing new updates during the previous week, which contain stability improvements. For more details please refer to this post.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes