Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit app will only use mobile data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm curious as to why the app will only use mobile data to upload data to the FitBit servers, even though WiFi is available and connected?  I've been unable to find any settings that control this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I also have a fitbit charge 2 and don't have this issue - the only thing I can suggest is to turn off mobile data and see if it will sync (if you have both selected for continuous internet If for some reason the wifi connection is poor it will automatically switch to wifi) ie if it syncs as you are just about to go outside your wifi range - alternatively go to the mobile data usage page scroll until you find Fitbit click on that option and switch off allow background data

im just trying to see if it has stuck on the mobile data when entering back into WiFi range - im no expert but it might be worth a try

this article on syncing may shed some more light on it again worth a try while waiting on Customer support if you choose to contact them

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1877

you can always give support a try they maybe able to think of something that has not already been attempted

https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs (phone numbers will appear when the office is open)

if I think of anything else and you have not managed to get a solution I will post again

good luck

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@Edward0 Hi and welcome - if I understand you enquiry you are using mobile date when syncing ? uploading to the dashboard,

have you got your device paired via Bluetooth?

if you are connected to Wifi have you turned off Mobile data?

to do both from an android device drag down twice from the top of the screen and you should see a page of icons click and hold the Bluetooth symbol this will take you to the devices page you can check this is turned on from here and also which devices are paired - if all this is correct

drag down twice again and find the 2 arrows going in opposite directions click and hold this to get the data usage page scroll down until you see mobile data and ensure this is switched off

from now on when you are outside of a wifi connection drag down twice from the top of the screen and go to the 2 arrow symbol a light tap will highlight this and effective turn it on another tap and it will go grey this is switched of

go back to your dashboard and try a sync if the sync is successful it has been logged via the wifi

hope this helps

Kind Regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer
I have a FitBit Charge 2 which is a bluetooth only device. Syncing to the
app works just fine over bluetooth. The problem I have is that when the
FitBit app uploads the just sync'd data up to the FitBit servers it always
uses my data plan, even when there is WiFi connected.
Best Answer

I also have a fitbit charge 2 and don't have this issue - the only thing I can suggest is to turn off mobile data and see if it will sync (if you have both selected for continuous internet If for some reason the wifi connection is poor it will automatically switch to wifi) ie if it syncs as you are just about to go outside your wifi range - alternatively go to the mobile data usage page scroll until you find Fitbit click on that option and switch off allow background data

im just trying to see if it has stuck on the mobile data when entering back into WiFi range - im no expert but it might be worth a try

this article on syncing may shed some more light on it again worth a try while waiting on Customer support if you choose to contact them

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1877

you can always give support a try they maybe able to think of something that has not already been attempted

https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs (phone numbers will appear when the office is open)

if I think of anything else and you have not managed to get a solution I will post again

good luck

Kind Regards

Wayne

Best Answer