Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta not syncing sleep and hr data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For over two weeks now, my fitbit Alta HR has not synced any heart rate data to my app (Android app) so I have no new resting heart rate numbers since August 31. I know the heart rate monitor works because I can see my HR on my Fitbit but there is no data there in the app or online.

Furthermore, for the last two weeks my sleep data has been being recorded in the old format and has been very inaccurate. I know it is inaccurate because it says I'm in deep sleep all night and only awake for 10 min every night, when in reality I'm waking up to use the bathroom throughout the night and it takes me 30-45 min to fall back asleep each time. My husband's fitbit blaze recorded the sleep data like this in the old format for two days but went back to normal right away. Mine is still not correct.

Then as of this evening I can't get the Fitbit to synced at all. I tried resetting it with the charger but I couldntc even get it to reset propdpro following the instructions online.

Please advise on how to fix these issues.

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @KalinK.

Thanks for sharing details on the situation and trying to troubleshoot on your own before posting in here.

There are several reasons why the sleep stages might not be working correctly. You can click here to read of the several reasons why this might be happening. Having said that, and given what you have mentioned, I would say that it is related to your HR readings. 

Let's try to clean the HR sensor with a damp piece of cloth and then dry it. After that, try wearing it again and tightening the strap a bit more so that it has an easier time seeing your HR. That should definitely improve the reading.

As for the HR not showing on the app, could you share some screenshots of what you see, or don't see, so that I can better understand and find the best way to go about this. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will try cleaning it out. However, my fitbit doesn't have any trouble actually getting my heart rate as I can look at my device, tap through the display, and see a live reading of my heart rate no problem (and based on my knowledge of my own HR, the reading still seems accurate). So the reader on the device does work just fine. I do wear my fitbit pretty tight already so I don't think that is the issue (not really possible to get it any tighter). 

Below is a screenshot of my the heart rate data as it appears in the Android app. So while my device can read my heart rate just fine when I wear it, it doesn't sync or upload the data to my app/account. As you can see, there have been no measurements or data recorded since August 30 (currently Sept 18). Coincidentally (or not so coincidentally) August 31 is the first night that my sleep stages data got all weird and never returned back to normal.

HR data missingHR data missing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KalinK.

Thanks your reply!

Has the syncing situation continued? Or has it been resolved?

As for the HR details, it could be that the details are not being properly downloaded, Let's try to log out of the app and then log back in. That should force the information to be downloaded again and might correct what is not showing up.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't actually change anything but it does seem to be working all of a sudden. Not sure what caused it to work unfortunately.

Best Answer

Hello @KalinK.

Thanks for reaching back. The important thing at the moment is that it is working, hopefully it will continue like that with no hiccups.

If you have the time, please visit one of our Discussion boards. Maybe some topic will pique your interest.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes