Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Android app doesn't send notifications to Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Fitbit application doesn't send notifications to Versa.

I bought a versa 2 days ago and it's a major pain to manage it from my Huawei P20 phone.

I installed Fitbit application, set rights for notification, restarted the phone even so I get the message that the notification service isn't running. I reinstalled the application and followed the same steps with notification rights and restart and got some notifications, but not from all apps I've set in options.

Today I have the same behaviour with notification service not running, if I have to reinstall it everyday I have to return it and go for something that works.

Also the syncing takes forever to do.

I did set the all day sync off to save same battery, but I don't think that is the cause for this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @CipriF

It seems to be because the Huawei P20 is not on the supported devices list. This means that the app has not been fully tested and optimized to work with those phones and thus issues like this may arise. 

While the app can work as long as the phone meets the minimum requirements, Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0, there is a possibility that some issues will happen. Some users of phones not on that list have mentioned that going through these troubleshooting steps helped them, so it's definitely worth a try. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw the Huawei supported list (2, 3 phones from a century ago), after buying versa unfortunately!

I manage to fix it by reseting Versa and set it up again, reconnect and update.

Now I have another issue when I sync it, versa is unusable and on the Android app it says connecting...

nothing happens after this, I even left it next to the phone for about 1 hour still the same state. If i close the android app versa is usable again, but sync fails.

You guys have a great tracking application, but a failed and poorly supported device, sorry to say.

Also the lack of regular updates makes me think there will not be a fix and plans to support more devices.

I'm looking into another tracker because this is not for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CipriF.

Thanks for sharing your experience, and feedback with us.

Please know that our team is aware of the numerous requests to add more devices and as soon as we have any news on the situation we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Hopefully you can consider Fitbit again in the future.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes