Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories in vs out and allowance don't match

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The fitbit tells me that I should aim for 1315 calories a day, but when I get up the dashboard tells me I have 1009, can anyone explain this please 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Paulinedg.

Thanks for that clarification.

Keep in mind that the allowance and the gauge that compared calories in vs out have different functions. The allowance will give you an amount of calories that you can consume, based on the number you entered or on your average activity and consumption levels to that point. The gauge's work is merely to show you how much you have eates vs what you have consumed. 

Using them both in conjunction gives you a better overall idea of where you are. Remember that, if it hasn't been manually set, the allowance will change during the day to accommodate for how many calories you have burnt so far.

I hope this clarifies a bit of the situation. Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Forums @Paulinedg

Please keep in mind that the estimate that you get from the Dashboard is merely that, an estimate. You can go over it as long as you compensate for it. 

My question would be, do you go to sleep before or after midnight? Please keep in mind that the Fitbit resets at midnight so any activity you take afterwards will be counted on the next day.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, and thank you for your replyMy query is in the food section, it tells me calories in  and calories left but when you add them together it is far lower than my daily allowance. Pauline 

Sent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Paulinedg.

Thanks for that clarification.

Keep in mind that the allowance and the gauge that compared calories in vs out have different functions. The allowance will give you an amount of calories that you can consume, based on the number you entered or on your average activity and consumption levels to that point. The gauge's work is merely to show you how much you have eates vs what you have consumed. 

Using them both in conjunction gives you a better overall idea of where you are. Remember that, if it hasn't been manually set, the allowance will change during the day to accommodate for how many calories you have burnt so far.

I hope this clarifies a bit of the situation. Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes