Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App crashed and cannot reinstall due to error

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit app came up with an error message yesterday and since has disappeared from my phone. It's no longer listed as an app that is on my phone or in my play store. I've tried installing the app again but get a message saying that 'You cannot install this app because another user has already installed an incompatible version on this device'. Any suggestions? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello there @Laurak88, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! This is the first time I heard of this error happening with the Fitbit app. I'm wondering if you have a custom firmware of your Android device? (Custom firmware refers to not official versions of Android) With non official versions is likely to see these errors.

Other reason of this is that you re not using your profile on your phone. Some phone brands allow to have additional user profiles with limited access to some app privileges. So, make sure you are on your profile and not in a different one by error.

Otherwise, your app perhaps was not properly uninstalled after the error, so try these steps:

1. Go to settings > apps > downloaded app list
  2. You can see the installed applications in the list (the application may not be in order. or may be towards the very end)
  3. Click on the application,go to the overflow menu option
  4. Click on uninstall if is possible.

See you around and keep me posted how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem aswell  I can not find anything to do with fitbit on my phone to uninstall the app. But when I  go to play store the Orion to install comes up but has the same error message. I have had this app on my phone for over a year and then over night just disappeared. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this problem aswell  I can not find anything to do with fitbit on my phone to uninstall the app. But when I  go to play store, I get the option to install but has the same error message when I try. I have had this app on my phone for over a year and then over night just disappeared. Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes