Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App crashing - 2.42

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I recently updated the fitbit app to version 2.42 and it constantly crashes. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it's made no difference. Please help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @hteb and welcome to the Community!  Have you tried logging out of your account and back in?  How about turning your phone on and off?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @hteb and @DramaQueenDiva thanks for stopping by.

Could you please be more specific about this inconvenience? At what moment is your app crashing? Are you trying to log an activity, food or just looking your Dashboard?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra,

Thanks for getting back to me. My app will literally crash when trying to do anything. Look at the dashboard, looking at my sleep record, looking at the challenges and friends tabs. Everything.

I've tried the whole logging in/out and switching my phone off/on and I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app which lost me some of the data on the app (I managed to find some of it on the website again) but it's still constantly coming up with Fitbit has stopped working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @hteb! Thanks for that clarification.

If you do not mind, I'd like to continue looking into this situation. So that I can better get what is going on I'd like to ask you some questions:

• What mobile device are you using the app on?
  • What version of Android are you running?
  • Does it crash out of nowhere or do you get any error message? If you do, what does it say?

Look forward to your reply so that I can find a way to get you back on track.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a new phone and it works much better now!!

Best Answer

Hey @hteb!

Thanks for letting us know. Now you can continue to reach all of your goals!

If there are any questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes