Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App crashing on startup.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have recently bought a new phone Vivo Y79. I installed fitbit and logged in and it worked fine for a while. However, when I went back to open the app later on I found that I would see a white screen for a split second and then the app would close (crash to desktop) without anything loading. I have looked in other threads and have tried doing everything said in them from restarting my phone to allowing all permissions. The only thing that slightly works is to uninstall, reinstall and login but this again only has a one time fix and will go back to crashing on startup. I'm not going to bother with uninstalling and reinstalling each time I want to enter the app just to check stats or sync so it's likely going in the bin if there's no solution.

I also checked and seen that vivo phones are not supported devices (they aren't even in the drop down list on the site).

I've even tried to install and use my laptop (Microsoft store sucks and won't download) and the Xbox app (won't let me log in).

Any solutions to this or am I going to be parting ways with this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Sorry to hear of the problems, @AdamK94, but I suspect that the Fitbit app is not going to run on your Vivo Y79 phone.  Apparently, there are some hardware/software conflicts between the phone and the Fitbit app.

What version of Windows do you have?  If you have Windows 10, you should be able to run Fitbit Connect on the computer and sync your tracker that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the windows app on my laptop will work. The problem with the windows app was that the Microsoft store wasn't downloading anything for me but that was fixed.

@USAF-Larry wrote:

Sorry to hear of the problems, @AdamK94, but I suspect that the Fitbit app is not going to run on your Vivo Y79 phone.  Apparently, there are some hardware/software conflicts between the phone and the Fitbit app.

What version of Windows do you have?  If you have Windows 10, you should be able to run Fitbit Connect on the computer and sync your tracker that way.

@USAF-Larry wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes